House Updates - New Family Room Chandelier

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

I have SO much to thank you all for. Not to keep repeating myself, but I can't tell you all how grateful I am to those of you who read, commented, pinned, and followed my daughter Ellie's new blog. I showed her all of her subscribers last night, and I recognized MANY of the email addresses as those of my lovely readers. She was really, genuinely happy and I think moved that so many of you have been so supportive. Thank you!!

Thank you also for the nice comments on our new sofa and living room progress. I really want you all to like things I do, because obviously we share the same design aesthetic (or else you probably wouldn't be here). I really respect your opinions and feel so happy when you like what I do :)

Finally, I've been talking about this light for ages, and it DID finally get installed yesterday. I couldn't be more thrilled. Here are a couple of quick phone shots. I ordered too few curtains (I have no idea how) so one window is bare, and I need a giant coffee table to anchor the light. BUT, and I'm not sure I've ever said this before, it is EXACTLY what I was going for. I feel beyond lucky, and more excited than I can say. (A quick note – a reader pointed out that the blanket on the back of the couch wasn't so great, and I totally agree. Ellie put it there when she was cleaning up her stuff and I was in a rush and didn't have time to move things).


Can you spot my cute (human) photo bomber whose little head makes it into every photo?


The bare window. Honestly, how did I miscount my windows?! There are only four, so it's kind of embarrassing. Although the larger windows have two panels per side, so maybe that's why. Math is hard. 




This dog will NOT stay out of my photos. Also, my terrible photo editing skills are showing. I loved this photo, except for the huge eyesore tv in the reflection, so I erased it. Kind of.

I had these small moroccan type gold tables, and although I love the idea of a few small tables clustered together to make a cocktail table, I don't have enough, so these will probably be end tables. I think the chandelier warrants a really big table under it to anchor it. Any thoughts on that?

This is just the style I was going for - my favorite sale today:

And this Wayfair/Joss sale has some great deals:

Thank you all for reading!
Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Stunning, what a pretty room this is going to be and that chandy is fabulous.

Debra said...

Wow! That is amazingly gorgeous.

Linda @ a design snack said...

Love your chandelier!

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

IT looks fabulous!

Karena said...

Gorgeous beyond Stacy!!
xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Sheila said...

Oh la la. Love the sofa and the light and yes you need a really big but clean simple lines coffee table to ground that gorgeous light. Can't wait to see it all put together.

louk said...

Love the colors and the placement of the couch. Where did you get that absolutely gorgeous floor mirror? As far as a coffee table...go large and maybe glass to reflect all the light from your fabulous chandelier!

Goldie Stetten said...

It is so glamourous! I love it! With the blue velvet it's stunning. Who is the manufacturer? Is this your great room? Do you have formats too?

Leslie Sinclair said...

Love your progress!! And Ellie's blog is adorable, fabulous and delicious-looking!! xo Leslie

KATHYSUE said...

Wowzer!!! stunning, sparkly, over the top beautiful!! Just a few adjectives I would use!!! How fun!!

KL said...

Now THAT is some serious ceiling bling! Gorgeous!

Sandra Lee said...

Wow, that chandelier is beautiful!