HOUSE UPDATE!! New sofa AND a MUST-SEE eBay Item (Robert Abbey BLING!!)

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Oh my gosh, I have so much to tell you, and I thought it warranted a second post today.

First, RUN, don't walk, if you have been lusting after a Robert Abbey Bling Chandelier. There are two on eBay right now, from the same seller, for a STEAL (It retails at $4500. This seller has it for $623, no tax, no shipping).

I looked long and hard to try to determine if they were real before I showed you, and I think they are. They do say they are made in China, which really concerned me, but when I looked at places like Lumens and Lighting.com, they disclosed that, too, and I trust those stores. Robert Abbey doesn't say it (they say "most" of our items are made in the US), but the origin of the Bling is disclosed all over the place. I obviously can't guarantee it is real, but if not, you would always win a PayPal dispute (Been there done that, and PayPal has excellent protections so I don't hesitate to buy on Ebay. I've only had to dispute two things in several years, and won both. I'm not sure, but if you say it's not authentic, I think they pretty much just make the seller refund you).

Anyway, here they are.  I love showing things like this because I'm hoping two of you grab these! (PS - I don't use eBay affiliates and don't get anything except extreme happiness if you buy!)

The 43" one is HERE:


And the 36" version is HERE:


_______________________________________________

Ok, that was honestly even more exciting to me than my new sofa that came this morning, but only by a little.

Here it is!!!


Check out the acrylic feet!


Hopefully soon, the walls will be white.


The silver framed collage will come down and a white hide rug will go on the floor.


The curtains are new and from Overstock.  Not sure about the table - I've had it for years so it's there for now, but maybe not forever.


I've had a lot of trouble getting an electrician to do the light because it is so large and complicated to assemble. I have a team coming tomorrow that says they will do it, but like I said, it's been rough so I'll believe it when I see it. I'll update you of course!

Ok, about the sofa. It is from ModShop.  I don't like to negatively review any company, but I can't in good conscience tell you where this is from without briefly describing my experience.  It was honestly pretty bad. To make a long story short, the sofa was very late, they shipped it with the wrong nail heads, they used the wrong feet, they gave me the wrong tracking number for the corrected shipment, and then it got lost in shipping and the company did very little to help until I threatened to dispute the charge. Even the guy who delivered it had things to say about how hard they are to work with. Finally, the nail heads are strips, not individually set, and for the price I never would have expected that. The photo showed individual ones, but I was not told that it was an upgrade to actually order those, so I didn't even have a choice until it was too late. The strip quality is not great, and they are messily done.

HOWEVER, overall, I think the sofa is gorgeous. Do you agree? I hope so. 

I can't honestly say whether I would order from them again. IF I could find a similar sofa somewhere else for a comparable price, I would go somewhere else after this experience. But I really don't know whether this style is available any where else - I haven't seen it, so I kind of doubt it. The reason it is hard to find is the dimensions - 42" deep and 11 feet long.

So what do you think?
_______________________________________________

I want to leave you with my favorite Robert Abbey Bling photos, too, in honor of the lights on eBay:





See you tomorrow!
Merlin said...

Gees....those chandies are exquisite...sent this on to my daughter (finger's crossed...) I LUV YOUR NEW SOFA!!!! Those acrylic feet just made me zing!! Honestly, it is GORGEOUS and you (kiddos!) are going to have so much fun decorating with/around this piece!! MORE PHOTOS, PLEZ!! :) franki

Felicia said...

Your sofa looks gorgeous! I'm sorry to hear about your experience though. I ordered a similar sofa and matching chair in blue velvet with nailheads, and I had a great experience with the furniture company. Check out Cococo Home Furniture, a family-owned business in North Carolina. They have a great website. They make high quality chesterfield sofas and chairs in leather or fabric in so many luscious colors. After months of research, I got my blue velvet chesterfield sofa and matching chair from them - chosen and ordered online, paid over the phone - in late October, they were delivered in January. The quality was excellent, it was completed on time and delivery people were great (and I live in California)!! Best experience, and I absolutely love my sofa and chair!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Wow! The sofa is gorgeous...love that amazing color. Sorry you had so much trouble with it and hope that you feel it was worth it in the end. I can just imagine how exquisite the room is going to be!

KATHYSUE said...

Omgosh it is gorgeous and the light fixture will just add to the beauty of your sofa and mirror. Love the direction you are going!!
Kathysue

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I've been eyeing that chandelier for a while now myself, but the price tag made me ill. That is a great deal. Of course now we're moving so who knows where it would go. I know I'll kick myself later because where wouldn't it go?! I love, love, love your sofa. And, those feet! I couldn't help but notice your shih tzu is photobombing like Mario does, too. So sweet!

KL said...

Love the new lounge; the size and colour is amazing!I think its great to 'review' purchasing experiences for those who leave nearby and are condidering the same store / products. x KL

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Now that's a sofa...shes a beauty, but I don't think I would order from them again. Thank goodness there wasn't anything really wrong with it. It could of been a nightmare to return it and get your money back!

Karena said...

I am amazed Stacy, wow!! Love both the gorgeous sofa and the chandelier!
xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena