The Sweet Spot

Thursday, April 9, 2015

My daughter Ellie loves to sing, and has a pretty nice voice. She sings in an evening group and is part of a concert this weekend with children from Africa, and then a big one at the end of the school year at the local philharmonic. We talk a lot about tone and pitch, and I am constantly telling her "that is your sweet spot" when she gets it just right. So, how's this for a segue - as I was putting this post together, I was thinking it is my "sweet spot" in decorating, or the type I am most comfortable with. Transitional with a bit of modern and even mid-century. Well, here, like this :)




























How's this for awesome?


Merlin said...

"SPOT ON!!" The b/w striped cushions are "on order." franki p.s. "those concerts are the BEST kind!!

Karena said...

Okay Stacy I am just dying over all of this dining drama! Seriously cool!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Artist Nathaniel Galka

Cynthia said...

Such pretty images. Good for your daughter. I'm tone deaf and it's horrible. I hear it in my head but when it comes out of my mouth, tragic. I know the words to every song I listen to. My poor husband

Cindy

Unknown said...

Except for the stool with the horse legs (never been one of my favorites) all these rooms are beautiful, especially the townhouse with those marvelous wood floors and gray walls.

Valerie said...

I love your design taste, and you have definitely hit your sweet spot! :) I really like the circular chandelier in the green living room and the entryway with the hydrangeas on the table. All of your choices are so pretty!