It's All In The Mix

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A lot of decorating for me is in the mix of styles, making a room look collected and curated rather than bought at retail, and in mixing style in new and unique ways. Here are some good examples - for me, it is usually modern and traditional (and in particular, any tulip table with a traditional sofa makes me so happy), but this collection is a bit more broad:





























What styles do you like to mix, or do you prefer a look to be more cohesive?

Happy Tuesday everyone!



designchic said...

So many gorgeous images - I love the image from AD with the amazing bookcases! Happy Tuesday!

Karena said...

So love coming over for my daily dose of gorgeous rooms Stacey! Love seeing even more of a mix of contemporary with traditional mixed in!
Hope your week is off to a great start!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

The enchanted home said...

Interesting as mixing seems to be a newer phenomenon in decorating. I did not warm up to it at first but now have a full appreciation for hos fabulous mixing it up can be.

Merlin said...

Fun is in the hunt!! Look at those ceilings...luv!! franki

Cynthia said...

I can appreciate these photos. I try to stay with French Country. I do like to mix old aged items in with new things

Cindy

Sandra Lee said...

Those beautiful green chairs really caught my eye. Thanks Stacey!

Clarya Dekoranika said...

I am really like these bathroom design. Its modern style with warm colour. Instead of just paint install mirrors on the walls/or just one wall about half way up the walls to the ceiling level. This will give the appearance of a larger room. I like that...

For the bottom half of the walls paint them really absolute,most loved,favorite color in the whole wide world & parts of known space.

Clarya Dekoranika