It's Bathroom Remodel Time! Finally. A Sneak Peak at My Master Bath (In Progress)

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

This is my bathroom right now, about to be demolished. Here is what is coming out: the wallpaper, the green bath tile, the fake wood floor, the shutters, the curtain, the drop in shower and door, the vanity, and the faucets:



The layout will be the same, and I might keep the lights (ha, do you think that's true? I keep telling myself it is, but my contractor just laughed when I told him that). The tub is staying where it is. We debated ripping in out and buying a freestanding one instead. That would obviously be ideal, but we thought it isn't worth the extra cost for us. It would cost the extra demolition, the cost of the tub itself, more plumbing, a new facet, extra flooring - probably at least $3500 more, and we just didn't care that much.

So, here is what is happening....

1. Shower

The whole drop in shower comes out and will be tiled. The floor will be a white one piece tray (marble I think), and this is the tile that will make up the shower walls. It is honed marble:


The faucet will be something like this:


2. Floor and Walls

The walls around the tub and window will be this polished marble field tile in 12"x12":


It should look like this. I laid them out on the floor and they look very, very similar to this floor:


These tiles will be laid straight on the walls, but diagonally on the floor like in the photo above.

3. Floor inset

The floor will be broken up with this tile, laid in a 2'x8' area rug type pattern in the middle:


4. Vanities

And these are the new vanities, arriving tomorrow:


They are not from Pottery Barn like this image, but they are essentially the same vanity and this is a better photo than from the manufacturer. This is more or less the look we want, although our room will be a bit more white and less gray overall:


And here sources for everything:

Shower door - tbd

Obviously, the decorating comes later, and I can't wait!

So what do you guys think? I can't wait to hear :)


Anonymous said...

It looks amazing - can't wait to see the results!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your blog! My current bathroom is similar to yours. I can't wait to see how your new bath looks so I can get ideas for mine!

Anonymous said...

It's going to be gorgeous!

RicMil said...

Love love love the classic gray & white & chrome. The mix of patterns, with the herringbone for the shower walls, the patterned floor inset, and the diagonal squares are perfection. You are going to be SO HAPPY with the results!! Bravo!

LAKE said...

please rethink the tub.... this is your opportunity to really update, everything else is beautiful.
.

Calypso In The Country said...

Beautiful! I have been wanting to redo my master bath for many years. We have been in our house almost 18 years so I am due! I love your plans - especially your tile choices. It's going to be gorgeous!
Shelley

Anonymous said...

very nice! can't wait to see the final results. I agree with you, leave the tub as-is; you can use that money for a nice chandy (because I know you would be changing the lighting, lol).

Merlin said...

SPA time!!! franki

e.Mle said...

I hope you are putting in heating under your fabulous new marble floor. Now is the time to do it and you will NEVER regret the added and early expense. With that "rug" inset you won't want a cloth rug spoiling the impact. Bath mats can go down temporarily to catch the big drips from showers or tub then nicely hung to dry on a planned towel bar!