The Most Beautiful Store in Boston

Wednesday, February 22, 2017


Today I took my daughter and her bestie to Boston for an appointment I had, and then we shopped a little bit on one of the best streets in New England, in my opinion - Newbury Street. It always reminds me of what Holly Golightly said in Breakfast at Tiffany's, where nothing can go wrong there because it is such a lovely place. Newbury Street is my Tiffany's (and has a Tiffany's as a matter of fact). My favorite store in Boston is on this street - the Restoration Hardware flagship store. Locals will know it is in the old Louis Boston building and is four floors of design heaven.

This is a really long post because I couldn't bear to cut any of the images. My favorite part is how the girls, age 12 and 13, reverted into little kids.... you'll see....






This is the old lift elevator and it is stunning:



It's hard to show the scale of everything in photos, but these bed canopies are at least 15 feet tall:




















The view from one of the windows:






Can you get a sense of the scale here? It's insane:





My baby:












It's so worth it to visit in you are ever in Boston, even if just for the new design ideas!

Finally, here is a lighting sale of a brand that I think rivals the look and quality of RH but at better prices:


Calypso In The Country said...

Amazing! I wish I had had time to stop in there when I was in Boston last year. Love that city!
Shelley

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous store! I've always loved that building but haven't been inside since Restoration came in. Can't wait to check it out!

Merlin said...

I am ready to MOVE IN!!! How DO THEY KNOW, how do they know??!!?? Just fantastic photos...making memories of the best kind!! franki

Lisa said...

What an amazing store!! The building itself is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!! It looks like you all had such a fun day too! Sweet girls!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I was there this past October, but did not make it to the RH store....next time...looks magnificent!