My Family Room Rug Decision / 50 Favorites For Friday (Colorful Pink Rugs in Every Room)

Thursday, April 28, 2016

So I finally actually purchased a rug for my family room. I am so relieved, and excited. I just couldn't get the idea of more color out of my head, as hard as I tried (my husband wanted no color, as you may remember). He's very sweet (or impatient), and the disagreement about the rug quickly became him saying, "Do what you want. I really don't care." This was after I showed him no less than 50 colorful rugs, asking "How about this one?" He's also smart, and knows that if I gave in and did it his way, I may start talking about changing it again after no time. So I did what he told me to do, and did what I want :)

I bought this one (here), but I bought it on Domino rather than Caitlin Wilson because it was 20% off there:

And here is the mock up in our room - the two blue sofas will face each other. The rug is about 12" too small even in the largest size (without going custom), so I will layer it over a sisal between the sofas:


I found the pillows above on Etsy a loooong time ago, so I am off to search for them again now that the rug decision is made. The rug takes 6-8 weeks to arrive, but I am being optimistic that everything, including the sofa, will be in by the end of the school year. I am so excited and really eager to show you.

In the meantime, I gathered all these photos of pink rugs to convince myself I was making the correct decision. The first 15 or so are all this particular rug (most of them are the navy version, which I also love). The rest are images of various other pink rugs in their settings. I hope you enjoy the post!














That's a lot of Kismet rugs! I love each and every one of them.  Here are the other looks I considered:

































And here are the ones I considered. If you are interested in any, you can click the image to go to the rug shown:






    


             

I was so close to playing it safe with one of these. I use rugs like these all the time, so it was fun to go in a different direction this time, as much as I like these (especially the over-dyed ones)






                                       

Thanks for reading. See you tomorrow!
x
The enchanted home said...

wow you NAILED IT! I love it.....and your really drove the point home (beautifully) with your pictures. Yay, you must be so relieved!!

Sue L said...

I LOVE your selection! Can't wait to see the images of it in your room.
After looking at all these beauties...you have me thinking about a pink rug!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Beautiful selections!...Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

The new rug looks gorgeous! I'm sure your husband will love it.

Anonymous said...

I love this choice- I think the room is going to be fabulous(and used more by your family)! Your blog is always so enjoyable and informative. Thanks so much for sharing ! It is appreciated!

Merlin said...

Husbands must learn "do what you want...etc." in "husband school!!" Absolutely luv your choice!!! Eeekkk!! franki

Unknown said...

I wanted to tell you I follow you daily emails almost exclusively, your interesting and current. I have been on Pinterest 2 times in the last 5 months and I'm still seeing old pins. Have given up on them pretty much.

Love your stuff though.

Tammy

MCM said...

Great choice, Stacy! Looking forward to seeing it in place. :)