Blue and White Room Perfection: Sourcing an Iconic Room for Less

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

When I first saw this room I about died and went to heaven. Isn't it gorgeous? I think it's a masterpiece in restraint. It would be so easy to choose pillows with pattern, a fancier hanging light, etc.  But here, the designer showed admirable restraint and there is just enough detail to make it a perfect example of quiet elegance. I love this room.

If you can pay $3500 plus tax and delivery for the sofa and $4500 for the rug, then run don't walk to Williams Sonoma and copy this room. I absolutely adore Williams Sonoma and their designers, but sadly, can't usually afford it. So of course I had to try to source this room for less.... a lot less.

Here is my less expensive version:

The cocktail table and rug are a bit of a splurge, but not as much as the originals, by a longshot. The coffee table in particular is hard to find. There are a lot with silver legs, but only a few with gold in normal price ranges. And I picked the rug because it is one of my favorites ever. The furniture is from PB, CB, etc - my staples for good quality and relatively affordable basics. Here are my picks, and then some options:

Sofa 

Rugs:

     
                             

Sofas:
http://rstyle.me/n/bnmfzduaqe http://rstyle.me/n/bnmfrnuaqe

Blue Chairs:



Wicker Chairs:

        

Cocktail Tables (#3 is only $225):


End Table (there really is no other choice given this price, although it's on backorder):


Lamps:




Ceiling Light:




Pillows:


Ginger Jars:



Pinterest Friendly Image:


This is what I do for fun. Thanks for indulging me!


Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I so love that room by WS....I always look forward to getting my WS Furniture catalog..it is certainly a Wish Book....Great alternatives Stacy!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous room Stacy - and thanks for the less-expensive alternatives, your clients must love you!!

Karena said...

A gorgeous room and Stacy you have found great alternates to the high end choices!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I love this room and when I saw it in the WSH catalog I was instantly smitten. I was a little sad too because I had my heart set on a navy velvet Sunbrella fabric for my sofa, but it was so new they only had a few yards as a sample which wasn't enough. Love your ideas on a similar look!