My Dining Room RE-Reveal

Monday, April 2, 2012

After I got my floors done, the black walls weren't working anymore.  I loved the black paint, but the room was just a little dark at night.  And instead of getting new lights installed (which the room really needs...it has no recessed lighting), I painted five times experimented with paint.  I'll add lighting some day, but after the expense of the floors, it wasn't in the cards for right now.

I tried several gray paints, and finally settled on BM Coventry Gray.  It is by far the cleanest gray I have ever used - it's perfect - no purple or other undertones.  I also changed the curtains.  Lastly, I added slipcovers with the large racing stripe, like Suzanne Kasler often uses.  (Thank you for the brilliant suggestion so many months ago Kathysue at Good Life of Design!!)

So here it is.  Unfortunately, the opening to the kitchen is just not quite wide enough to let me take a panoramic shot of the whole room at once, so it is in pieces:











































I took these yesterday, when the lighting was a little different...I think they are all flash photos:






Oh, and I painted these to go in the empty corners.  I'm not sure my husband is a fan of having them on the  floor, but I kind of like it for now:




_________________________________________________________


*See My 15 Most Popular Posts HERE!
a
_________________________________________________________


And on my other blog, Mary Jane's Makeup, today:
"The BEST Makeup Trick Everyone Should Know"

_______________________________________________________

mmmaaa

Up To 90% Off Luxury Consignment
_______________________________________________________

  Let's Be Friends:
If you are reading this post in an EMAIL and want to like of Facebook, CLICK THE BLUE BLOG TITLE, not the Like box, below.  Sorry, Like boxes don't work in emailed posts unless you GO TO THE PAGE BY CLICKING THE TITLE of the blog. Thanks a lot Facebook!  

               

     

               
 


Last but not least.....
Image Map

a
Subscribe by Email: 
Enter your email address to get new posts delivered to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Laurie said...

FABULOUS! Love everything about it. Great paintings too - you did that?? Wow

Amanda said...

Stacey!! This is fabulous!!! That rug, the wall color, the chairs, the mirrors-I could go on and on. So when are you submitting this to a magazine-bc it so needs to be!
Im curious about the two mirrors on either side of your buffet- Ive been wanting to try that in my dining room but was always worried that it was too much with a mirror over the buffet and two on either side- it looks like your wall space is fairly large -I think mine might be too small, I dunno. gah I wish you lived closer to bounce ideas off of. ;-)

Cynthia said...

Stacey, I love it I love that mirror it is spectacular. Love the chandelier.

pam {simple details} said...

Oh, my!! Your traditional pieces combined with the rug and chairs is the perfect mix, love their bold impact!

Karena said...

Stacey OMG I love your dining room so so much! Everything works!! Bravo!

???Where did you find the scrolled mirror and the lamps?

I hope you will Come and enter my amazing Cross Bottle Guy Giveaway!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Evie said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Love it.

Decor & Harmony @ 4290 said...

Stacy, your space is a stunning showstopper. I love everything about it, the space is so grown up and glitzy.

mishebe said...

I love whatever you do to this room. Love that rug!

Kathysue said...

OMgosh! ♥♥♥ it!! Clean simple, sharp, sophisticated,stunning just like the rest of your home. Thanks for the mention, the stripes are amazing and make a wonderful statement in the room.
xo Kathysue

PURA VIDA said...

absolutely stunningly beautiful

Teresa at Splendid Sass said...

Stacy-
I LOVE everything you have done here. Our tastes are so much alike! Fabulous.
Happy Monday.
Teresa
xoxo

ClunyG said...

Stacy, I love this! The grey is perfect - love the curtains, the mirrors. One question: where do you find the time?
Hugs, Cluny

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, welcoming, elegant! But please, could you tell us about the new curtains? I looked everywhere, including "favorite products" (including sidebar), and no joy.

Stacy Curran said...

I got a comment that came to my email but didn't post here for some reason. It was asking about the curtains. Ri Anonymous, if you come back to read this, the answer is: they are dark gray silk by the yard from JoAnn Fabrics. I haven't really made them into "curtains" yet... they are just cuts of fabric hanging from the rod! At some point I will hem and line them bracket I hope]
Stacy

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Stunning, simply stunning!...Stacy, I love how you have the various mirrors in the room...Kathysue was right..the chairs are amazing...you chose the perfect color for the walls...the room is truly a wonderful masterpiece!

Trendy Karen said...

I love the photos, Stacy. I have also a pretty dining table photo in my The Islands by Vista Land blog post. I like interior design, particularly dining halls and living rooms.

At The Picket Fence said...

Stacy you are just beyond talented girl! Your dining room is so gorgeous and your new touches are fabulous! :-)
Vanessa

Simple Dwellings said...

I love the changes! The rug is gorgeous and those floors look so amazing! The oom looks beautiful. I also really like your new blog design! :)

Acquired Objects said...

Stacy your dining room is stunning! Love the hint of gloss on the ceiling too, you really thought of everything and no detail was over looked. Really great job!

XX
Debra~

pretty pink tulips said...

Oh, your dining room is sooooo pretty!!! And chic. And inviting. Oh, heck, it's perfect!

xoxo Elizabeth

The enchanted home said...

Wow!!!!!! What a gorgeous room. I LOVE EVERY INCH OF WHAT YOU HAVE DONE. You struck gold again. Great call on the wall color. So fabulous, I love love love it!! I think you need to have an elegant dinner party to celebrate Stacy!

suzyq said...

Oh Stacey - you never cease to amaze -
( btw that is the paint color in my l.r. and d.r.!)
And I am so copying the stripe on your chairs
This room belongs on the cover of House Beautiful.
xxx

Carolyn@SweetChaos said...

It's gorgeous, Stacy! So elegant and sophisticated!! Love the chairs, the rug, the paint color, mirror... it's all fabulous!!! Great job :)

Sandra said...

Stacy this is awesome, you have some serious skills girl. Picture perfect as always. Wishing you tons of happiness in the beautiful room.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Hi sweetie!

I love, love, love your house, Stacy. It's totally my style! I was trying to convince my husband to paint our bedroom gray today. I'm not sure how I'd feel w/ it, but my curiosity grew even more now w/ this paint! It's fabulous! So chic and pretty.

Great job!

xo


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Oh, one more thing, Stacy. Where did you get your light fixture? I love it. So dramatic!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Jean @ Flower Hill said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Savvy Seasons said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! What a gorgeous elegant space. Thanks for sharing! ~Liz =)

Michelle said...

Persistence has paid off it looks really fantastic - my only question is when's dinner?!

Claire said...

Elegant yet fun,what a lovely dining room! Those minimalist paintings are just perfect.

miss b said...

What a lovely elegant result and I love the table settings - a gorgeous room1
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

HAMPTON HOSTESS said...

Love the gray you used, and I completely understand why it took so much experimenting to get this one, its quite perfect! The space as a whole is so chic and well put together, and the gorgeous round dining table seems to bring everything together! Love it

Barbara

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

Wow this looks like a Mary McDonald room~super glam Stacy!! I love it all!!

Anonymous said...

You are very talented lady, love the paint color!

My Notting Hill said...

Looks wonderful! I also really like the pair of full length mirrors you hung as well.

brendam said...

Well done! I love the play of light from your mirrors and the lighting fixtures...also that your rooms transition nicely. My favourite part however, is your art work!

Ivy Clad said...

Beautifully, beautifully done! I'm really impressed. Your artwork is beautiful too. The shade of gray is lovely. How lucky your family is to have such a beautiful space!

Keri

Cre8ive Motives said...

Wow, This is sooo Gorgeous! I love everything that you did here. Impressive!

Nancy StyleDecor said...

Gorgeous! Very inspired!

Jenny@daysofchalkandchocolate said...

It's like a magazine! I love it! It is so classy and elegant. I just found you and I'm so so glad!

Crystal said...

Omg! This is to die for! Beautiful work!

Terry said...

This is a stunning room and a great look. This will be the poster for what the best looks are in 2012! Such a powerful and charming space.

Lisa said...

Wow! It's gorgeous! Absolutely perfect in every way!

poindextr said...

lovely room and I absolutely adore your paintings - so beautiful

Judy said...

Your dining room is gorgeous. I love your mirrors...they really expand the space. Great color scheme as well.

Heather said...

WOW! Shut the front door - this is so beautiful! You are very talented, I love the colors, the balance in the room - it just looks so cohesive and lovely! So glad I found your blog, I am your newest follower. Please visit my blog and say hello - i love to make new bloggy friends! And follow me back if you would like to keep in touch :) Can't wait to see more of your posts! Heather @ settingforfour.blogspot.com

Kim @ La Belle Époque said...

Absolutely stunning, Stacey!

Debbie said...

Fabulous Dining Room...I'm lovin' it.

Debbie

shoji screens said...

That dining area looks elegant in every aspect. My only concern is that the plant might be a little too big.

Vidya @ Whats Ur Home Story said...

Came here from "Under the table". Great transformation. Really like what you did to the space. Totally digging the rug.

the Sweetest Memory said...

Lovely dining room. Your mirror is amazing! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I am now a follower!