Master Bedroom Reveal

Monday, July 25, 2011

So I finally got my bedroom where I want it to be:






I ended up with this bed (you can click it to see the details):





The pillows were there from before. Oh, that reminds me, let me show you a before picture. I liked it for the eight years we had it, but it was so traditional and monochromatic, and the shades were really heavy.  This picture quality stinks, but it's all I have:



I kept the paint color, painted a lot of the furniture black, and changed the curtains.  These are from Target, $10 each. I added the black grosgrain ribbon (1.5 inches) with fabric glue. 



The mirror over the bed is from Home Goods.  The white slip covered chair came from the guest room.  I did buy the bench new from Horchow, but it was moderately priced (at least for Horchow):


Someone asked me for a link to the Black and White Zebra Print Rug so here it is....just click the image:





I had the huge standing mirror in storage (can you believe I wasn't using it?)  I had the blue/gray table, but bought fabric at Joann's for $6 a yard and made a fitted cover for it.  The lamps, which you can't really see, are gorgeous french wired crystal from Home Goods:


I also painted the doors black. I love it in this room.  After doing these, I immediately went and did  my kitchen doors, but they looked awful.  It made the kitchen soooo dark, so they are white again now. I hate when I try a project and it turns out to be a total waste of time.





So, I'm really excited about our new bedroom on a budget!

Image Map

_________________________________________________________


*See My 15 Most Popular Posts HERE!
a
_________________________________________________________


And on my other blog, Mary Jane's Makeup, today:
"The BEST Makeup Trick Everyone Should Know"

_______________________________________________________

mmmaaa

Up To 90% Off Luxury Consignment
_______________________________________________________

  Let's Be Friends:
If you are reading this post in an EMAIL and want to like of Facebook, CLICK THE BLUE BLOG TITLE, not the Like box, below.  Sorry, Like boxes don't work in emailed posts unless you GO TO THE PAGE BY CLICKING THE TITLE of the blog. Thanks a lot Facebook!  

               

     

               
 

This stuff is AWESOME: 


Last but not least.....
Image Map

a
Subscribe by Email: 
Enter your email address to get new posts delivered to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Stitchfork said...

Great new look! Find it calming.
xo Cathy

Andrea said...

Wow. When I saw the first picture, I assumed it was an inspiration room from a magazine. I adore your blog, and just wanted to tell you how gorgeous your new room is!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

it's just gorgeous, you did such a wonderful job! I love those lights, so pretty!
XO
Kristin

'LUSH' said...

Gorgeous transformation! I have the Ethan Allen four poster similar to your before picture. I really love the look "after". Maybe it is time to part with my four poster treasure!

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

Stunning! That bed was a steal and your light fixtures are perfect! Love all the silver!

Linda said...

Hi Stacy - How do you spell, "GORGEOUS!!!???" -
I wouldn't want to leave the room - ever! Great job - is it being featured in a magazine? It should be!

Enjoy it!

Linda
beachside cottage

Beth @ Free Stylin' said...

Wow! Your bedroom is absolutely stunning. I truly thought it was a picture from a magazine...it should be! GREAT job!

www.freestylinbeth.com

Jen-CraftOManiac said...

WOW stunning! GOING TO share this AMAZINGNESS ON COM-FB! winks-jen

Shelley said...

Ahhhh!!!! This room is GORGEOUS! Everything... e-ver-y-thing is amazing. This is what I dream my master could look like :D Great job, and I can't wait to check out the rest of your blog!

Shelley
www.westermanfam.blogspot.com

Jen @ Little Miss Penny Wenny said...

Okay. Seriously. This room is AMAZING!!!! I am in awe. I love that you bought everything for such great deals and made it look SOOOO expensive and classy. The mirror above the bed is probably my favorite part. Way to go and thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

A Sense of Design said...

This room looks wonderful...classy job!!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Stacy dear! Thank you again for your visit and as I come here to see your budget project, I am soooooo impressed! I know budget projects because our entire HOUSE was done on a budget!

Your bedroom, especially that first lovely photo from the hallway SHOULD and MUST go into a magazine like VERANDA! The colors are GORGEOUS and the mirrored pieces are quite effective. YOU KNOW how to properly combine styles!!!

I had posted about two weeks ago, my entire home on my blog. It was so fun to show people the process that this little brick house turned French style cottage went through. I had to delete the post however..I may put it back up soon.....but your work is stunning and CONGRATULATIONS! Have a magnificent day out there in my former home...I lived in S. Hamilton, Beverly and Rockport over an eleven year span...so lovely!

Anita

Haus and Home said...

Great job, and on a budget? I am shocked! Your bedroom is like a glam Hollywood style! Love the mirrors and great lighting!

The DIY Show Off said...

Wow! It's stunning, Stacy! Beautiful details! Love it!

Roeshel

Carmella said...

Oh.my.word!! this is amazing! thanks so much for sharing with Creative Bloggers' Party and Hop, I am co-hosting this week and I am so thrilled I found your beautiful blog there! I am now following, I hope you can stop by and visit soon, you know when your not decorating fabulous bedrooms :)
creativecarmella.blogspot.com

Honey at 2805 said...

You do beautiful work!

Hope you will please drop by and enter my $50 Overstock.com Gift Card Giveaway!! Hometalk has said if I get 500 entries, they will increase the Gift Card to $100.
Honey

Barbara@HausDesign said...

What a beautiful, luxurious room! Beautiful job. I love the bench at the base of the bed. Good tip on the photos too - probably also ideal when out shopping to have them with you for reference. Beautiful job Stacy!

Lisa said...

Your bedroom was beautiful before; but now it's Gorgeous! Love the lush...calm feel of the space.

meijo's JOY said...

This is so brilliant stunning, absolutely gorgeous...my dream bedroom!

Sheer Serendipity said...

What a gorgeous, luxurious makeover! I love all the glitz and the glamour... I am going redo my bedroom hopefully soon too! The style you chose for your bedroom is exactly what I was aiming to do. I also want a mirrored with tufted headboard, but I am going to attempt to make it. Wish me luck, I am going to need it!

Thanks for sharing this amazing bedroom!

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

Stacy your bedroom is gorgeous!! Seriously wow! The whole thing is so my style- love it! I'm a new follower- I found you from your link at Primitive and Proper. Great job on your room; I can't wait to read more!

Pamela said...

Wow! That is a show stopper bedroom!

Di said...

Indeed! This is a showcase, absolutely beautiful.

di @ http://subjectschosenatrandom.blogspot.com

Jess @ Chic Technique said...

Gorgeous! very well done.

Megan @ PolishTheStars.com said...

Wow! That looks amazing! It's like something out of a catalog. Thanks for linking up! :)

Jenny said...

What a wonderful retreat! I think the lights are my favorite, but I love the embellishment you added to the Target drapes too. And the bench is fab!

Coley said...

I LOVE your home, so gorgeous! Newest follower, love for you to check out my blog as well :)

www.whatyoumakeit-coley.blogspot.com

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

Wow...this turned out absolutely amazing! I'm going to pin it for inspiration! :) Thanks for linking to Thrifty Thursday!

The Exchange said...

I love it! You did a fantastic job! I love everything about it!

Cheers!
Cyndy

Just Jaime said...

WOW! Beautiful and impressive!

Deb said...

OMG!! That room is absolutely gorgeous. My girls and I couldn't stop "Wow-ing" over it. Great ideas that I can use. My master is actually very similar in layout so I can't wait to implement some of those. Thanks so much for sharing!

Big D and Me said...

Beautiful - glad I clicked on here - given me some inspiration for my bedroom which I'm absolutely stuck on

Desiree @ The 36th Avenue said...

WOW!


I'd love for you to share your amazing room on my link party...

I hope to see you there

http://www.thirtysixthavenue.com/2011/07/sticker-and-party-time-12.html

Carmella said...

Hi there again :) I wanted to let you know I featured this awesome makeover today as part of my Friday Faves on my blog today! I hope you can come by and take a look!

http://creativecarmella.blogspot.com/2011/07/friday-faves_29.html

Creative Raisins said...

I am in love with this room. everything about it. You have given me the inspiration to redo my bedroom.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Gorgeous! It looks like a fabulous hotel suite!
I especially love the colors you chose and the grosgrain trim ribbon on the drapes.

Becca said...

Beautiful retreat you've created! Love the mirrored leg bench ... the chandies are gorgeous, as well. So serene and calming. Thanks for sharing. *Becca* (happy to now be following along)

www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

I love this room! It is gorgeous, sleek, and still looks cozy! Well done. I hope you will stop by and share your review at my Home Savvy blog party at http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/2011/07/28/savvy-homemade-monday-party-1/

I am your newest follower!

Leigh Anne said...

Very pretty!

Judy said...

The bedroom makeover is absolutely gorgeous. You did a great job.

Julie @ The Doodling Bug said...

I want to move in! :-) It's stunning!! Love the large mirror behind the bed. It's always so hard to find something to go above a king headboard and that mirror is perfect!

Em said...

wowie!! amazing work!

At The Picket Fence said...

Oh my goodness!! Would you believe that I was JUST on Houzz tonight and saw your "before" bedroom? That was yours right? :-) It was lovely then but it is definitely a WOW room now! Absolutely stunning and we are so glad you shared it with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
Vanessa

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! LOVE your lights and your very vintage yet modern feel! What a beautiful space! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

abeachcottage said...

A big wow! You have a lovely master bedroom. Thanks for sharing at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

Michelle@Somedaycrafts said...

OH. MY. HECK!!!!! You live in a magazine! That is beautiful! Your "before" was gorgeous and your "after" is breath-taking! I'm stunned and in love! Great tastes and talent!

Abby said...

Gorgeous! So pretty and calming...love the colors and the black accents

Two Sides of the Rainbow said...

I love how monochromatic it is without being flat. My eye keeps moving all about the room. Congratulations on a beautiful space!

KL said...

What a beautiful transformation! Its great to see you explaining the 'hows' and 'wheres' too!
KL

top kitchen said...

It's amazing bed room design with complete accessories inside. Is need expertise to design like this?

Taryn @DesignDiningAndDiapers.com said...

This is absolutely stunning!!!!Fabulous job with the transformation.

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Gorgeous makeover! I'm featuring you today on Mod Mix Monday!

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

I featured your pretty bedroom on Mod Mix Monday, today!

Megan @ PolishTheStars.com said...

I just featured your gorgeous bedroom! Thanks again for linking up! :)

http://www.polishthestars.com/2011/08/link-party-monday-27.html

Danielle said...

Im pinning this I love it and want it! I love the black doors.

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

Well I can see why this room post got so many comments! It is beautiful Stacy! I do love the chandys and they make the space super special. Laughed at the staple gun comment, been there many times. Over all it seems like a "glamma" room which is what Mary McDonald calls her glamourous rooms. I just read her book, you have to get it!

Barb@curlywillowdiy said...

Beautiful room! I especially love the chandlers. I have the same one in my didnig room! I'm also your newest follower.

Karena said...

Stacy It is absolutely stunning, and I love everything about your new master. The lighting, the mirrors, the cool blue/ silver/ balck palette!! Divine!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Do come and enter my Giveaway from Dr Perricone!! It is very exciting!

Andrea said...

this is so amazing, found you from My UnCommon Slice of Suburbia! Great job, it's beautiful!!

Terry said...

Well, after picking my jaw off the floor from this stunning room make-over, I can now say...WOW!

Judy said...

Stunning! I will be featuring it tonight at my Sizzle into Summer party that opens at 8pm EST tonight. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

Christina Lee said...

Absolutely beautiful room! This is what I would like to transform my master bedroom into.
Where did you get the bedding? Pottery Barn?

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Wow, What a beautiful room. I love every little detail and especially the chandeliers. Thank you for sharing the room transformation at my Open House party.
xo,
Sherry

Mindie Hilton said...

So pretty, all of it. I am green with envy, my master bedroom is so small. I am featuring you on Friday at Bacon Time in the morning, thanks again for linking.

Debra @ Common Ground said...

I think my comment must have been eaten by the Internet, but just wanted to say I'm featuring you on VIF, tomorrow, thanks so much for linking up! xo Debra

A Delightful Design said...

Congratulations on such a stunning, wow inducing space! This really is magazine worthy. The lighting and rug make the space for me. Bravo!
Abby

Sunnyside Dru said...

really a beautiful room, congratulations, love all the detail!

Ethnic Girl Fun said...

So beautiful!!!! Reminds me of Hollywood (in a good way)

Metal Wall Art said...

Such a great thing that has been exposed. This master's bedroom are pretty amazing.

Anonymous said...

What a great makeover and your previous bedroom wasn't bad at all. Loved the mirrored furniture and black table. Gorgeous room. What paint color did you use for your bedroom?
Monique

Rachael said...

this room is truly amazing. i love it.

Danielle said...

Just stopping by to let you know that I featured this fabulous bedroom in my "What I Bookmarked This Week" post today. Stop by and see!

Desiree @ The 36th Avenue said...

One word for you: STICKER!

I just want to let you know that I'll be featuring your amazing bedroom today on my blog...

Thank you so much for sharing!

Carolyn said...

Wow!! When I saw the photos, I thought gosh, this looks SO expensive...and I am so impressed with your budget-friendly finds! And I have the same Overstock chandelier in my bedroom - love it!

Anonymous said...

The paint color is gorgeous. What is it?

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Obviously, I'm not the only one weak in the knees over this stunning room! You are one talented girl...I don't know when the last time was that I was so delighted to click the follow button (c: It's absolutely gorgeous and this might be weird, but my favorite detail? The black doors. Stroke of genius. So glad that Kate featured you so I could come stalk, er, find your blog! (c;

Tania @ Carnoustie Lane said...

Beautiful job! You must love your updated and peaceful bedroom! I love the Target curtains and Overstock light fixtures!

Keri Christmas Harper said...

Wow!!! This is such a gorgeous bedroom!!!! Can't wait until we get in our house & I can create something like this!!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't see any reference to the amazing rug where did you purchase it? Love love love your room!

Stacy Curran said...

ANONYMOUS -- I just added the rug to the post. You an click on the image and it will take you to it. Thanks for asking!
Stacy

Inspire Me Heather said...

Oh my gosh - soooo gorgeous! I linked this to my master bedrooms post too today, for inspiration!

Karena said...

Stacy I know I am late to the party; howver I adore your bedroom. It is so stylish and sophisticated!! The lights are my favorite too! Really! Also The black painted furniture looks great.

Come and join my Fashion Giveaway from Fresh Produce

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Jenny said...

wanted to let you know that I LOVE this and am your newest follower. Visit me when you can xo

Beauty and the Green said...

I am a new follower, all i can say is wow!!!!!!

Noelle said...

Great inspiration for our master bedroom! Where did you find the two black throw pillows with silver circles?

Denise said...

Came across your fabulous blog yesterday. I am hooked!
Do you remember where you got your black demilines in your master bedroom? They look extra wide.

Denise

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh my goodness.... love, love love this.. I'm heading over to look for the chandy's.. a must have for the powder room in the shop, keep fingers crossed I can find them... your room is a work of art.
hugs ~lynne~

Mari said...

OMG I love your new master bedroom, it's fabulous!! Where did you get the monogrammed lampshades and what is the color on the walls? I'd love to update my bedroom like this!

Unknown said...

Hi, love the bedroom. What is the diameter of the drum chandelier? Where did u get them? I looked in your store but couldn't find them. Thanks