Abandoned Architecture

Wednesday, March 29, 2017


As much as the next person, I find abandoned buildings to be sad in that they represent the loss of a dream. But I am also fascinated with them, I think because of the possibility that someone could rebuild and breathe new life into them. So I try to see it that way, and then really let my imagination take over. If these make you sad, I'm sorry, and I'll be back tomorrow with 50 Favorites....
































Marlea Doane Ward said...

Oh Stacy this post is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. What gorgeous architecture! I love photos like this - I find them full of hope! My first thought is to think about who lived, worked there in days gone by. What kind of families, etc. Then I am filled with hope...wow...someone could own that and live in it again...maybe me?! Gorgeous post. Thank you.

O meu pensamento viaja said...

Yes, they are sad, but, at same time, absolutey gorgeous!
Hugs
Nina

Unknown said...

I loved taking in these gorgeous spaces. Makes me wish I had endless amounts of money to restore and preserve them to their original glory. Thanks for this post!

Anonymous said...

Stunning photos! And so fun to think about the possibilities

Jazabelz said...

If only those walls could talk -- would love to hear the stories of people who lived/worked there. Would also love to win a mega lottery and restore a home like that. They are beautiful -- like someone else said -- it is hard to believe that someone would just leave them to rot. We just don't see that type of workmanship any more. Thanks -- loved this post.

Kay dancingbrushpainting.blogspot.com said...

I loved this post SO MUCH!! The softness of history and peeling plaster is marvelous. I can learn from that... And those stairways!

Lauren said...

These are spectacular, each one is so so unique and my imagination roams with the stories they hold. Imagine all the people who have lived through them in their hay day!! Outstanding photography, where are these sleeping beauties located?