SEGRETO Vignettes

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Today I am so honored to be reviewing Leslie Sinclair's newest book, Segreto Vignettes. I have her previous two books (Segreto and Segreto Style), and even though it's a very close call, this is honestly my favorite.


Here is a description of the book from Leslie:
Segreto Vignettes is an invaluable guide to the world of creative finishes. Thousands of ideas, beautifully photographed, bring design trends to life in this stunning collection of rooms adorned with finishes by Segreto. This indispensable guide is loaded with inspirational ideas, advice from experts and unique interiors. It not only charts popular color and finish treatments but also illustrates the latest trends in furniture, lighting, architecture, flooring and surfaces – all of which are sourced for you. My favorite Segreto Book to date – I hope you enjoy!!


How gorgeous is this vignette? Leslie is one of the most talented people I have run across since I started blogging. She accomplishes an amazing amount every year, and I literally do not know how she does it.


She is known in the industry as one of the best of the best in the world of interiors, and for good reason. She works with so many talented designers, and many of them even contributed to the book.


One of my favorite sections to read was the guest section of choosing the perfect white paint. I also liked the sections where Leslie explained what finish to use and when in order to address certain problems or flaws. No one is born knowing these things, and her guide is easy to understand and so useful. 

Look at this ceiling below.... isn't it fab? I have high gloss paint in my dining room, and although not this reflective, it is pretty shiny, and I love it. Painters always ask me why I used the "wrong" paint, which makes me laugh. Doing things differently is so important in creating new design. Anyone can copy a room, but it is people like Leslie who create classics that stand the test of time:


Her color schemes are almost always neutral, and really highlight the artistry of her finishes:



My favorite part of the book is the painted floors section. I don't want to do the book the incredible disservice of trying to photograph it myself, so you'll have to trust me on it.


This book is a must-have if you are interested in design (actually, all three of her books are). You will NOT regret it - it is a visual masterpiece that you will refer to over and over again. Over 325 pages of beautiful, HUGE color photos. It's simply gorgeous.

Here is how you can buy any of the books. The new book is not in stores yet, but you can pre-order here:


Thank you so much Leslie for including me in the group of bloggers who got the amazing opportunity to see this book early - I am so honored!! xo

Leslie Sinclair said...

Wow, what a wonderful surprise this morning when I opened one of may favorite blogs!! I am the one who is honored! Thank you so much for the special review!!! I so appreciate it! xo

Anonymous said...

The book sounds fantastic!

Katherine said...

Love, love, love. Another wonderful book to add to my collection of decor inspirations.