Bedroom Update - Painted at Long Last and Please Vote on My Ceiling Color!

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I still have a long way to go, but this weekend, my husband and kids painted the bedroom for me!! They are so sweet. It took about 5 hours with three of them working (albeit slower than professionals,  but they still worked very hard).  It just shows that I was right to be completely and utterly overwhelmed by the daunting task of doing it myself (so I just never did it). With all of that trim work it was a nightmare.  But I really didn't want to hire it out  because it was a big job and would take a substantial amount from my family room project. So, Patrick and the kids gave the day of painting to me as a Mother's Day gift, and I am eternally grateful. 

The color is OC-45 Swiss Coffee by Ben Moore in semi-gloss (which I only use on trimmed walls like these - normally I prefer flat).  Since the last time I showed you the room, that is all that has changed. The usual pile of clothes on my chair to be put away is still there. Ellie's purple blanket and pillows are all over. I didn't show you the front of the room for a reason, too. You get the drift - it's not finished yet or cleaned or accessorized....

Next, I need to decide the bedding and paint the ceiling (next weekend I hope). Do you guys want to vote on the ceiling? I'll add a widget at the bottom - thank you! 

Of course these photos are also far from good (everything looks a little flat I guess, but the paint color is pretty accurate). Please imagine it without the blue ceiling:


The blanket on the head board below is just there to help me decide bedding colors -it won't live there forever:


With the blue ceiling cropped out:


I wish it didn't look so flat in the photos, especially the walls. I think it's because I had to lift the shadows:


Very true to the wall color on the left (but not the doors - those are unpainted): 


So what do you think for the ceiling? 

I'm thinking maybe a slightly darker version of the walls? 
Like this, which is two shades darker (OC-47 Ashwood):

2. Or a light gray like is on these walls, to mimic the curtains:

I'm not sure those two images help a lot since they look pretty similar, so maybe go on your gut:



What color should I paint the ceiling?

A beige slightly darker than the walls
Light gray like the curtains
Either will work
Neither (ceilings should be white or I hate them both)
Poll Maker


Thanks everyone!
Karena said...

Stacy your bedroom is so romantic and the paint color is gorgeous! I went with the light gray for the ceiling, it just seemed right to me....

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Coco Chanel: Three Weeks

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I just used a color for a bedroom by Benjamin Moore it is called Horizon...it was so pretty!

designchic said...

I love the light gray - think it will be perfect with your bedroom!! Can't wait to see what you choose!

Unknown said...

OMG! Your bedroom is amazing! I just painted my bedroom & am obsessed with gray. I did the walls a light gray & the ceiling a dark gray (on a Benjamin Moore paint strip- the walls were 2nd to lightest color & ceiling the darkest). It looks awesome & I've gotten so many compliments on it. Might not be what you're looking for but it's edgy, different & very romantic.

Merlin said...

Glad you went with the gray...I peaked... :) franki

Hannah said...

Regardless of whichever color you chose, that room is STUNNING!