Kitchen Rug Decision/Update and Family Room Preview

Sunday, May 6, 2012

My every day readers will remember my dilemma about my kitchen rug, and will probably also remember that I moved it to the living room. So, I was stuck needing a kitchen rug again.  I ended up with the Dwell Draper ink. It came today, and I love it! It's very similar to the family room rug, but I don't care.  Here it is, although the photos stink because my camera stinks - the colors are different in every image. I had to lift the shadows a lot, and then everything gets washed out.  The second is probably the most accurate of the kitchen colors (but not of the dining room).  Oh, and I know I need a rug pad....on my to do list.






So I know I have been promising you photos of my family room forever.  It's pretty much ready, but I haven't had time to do pillows or paint, so that's the reason for the delay.  Since you can see it from these kitchen photos, though, I'm going to show you a preview, messy walls and all.  The paint will be light gray, but I'm just not sure which one yet.  It's my last big project, and I'm dying to find time to do it, as much as I dread it. I'd almost rather go fight in Iraq than paint a room, especially one with a 20' ceiling, so I tend to procrastinate.  But here it is in it's current state:


_________________________________________________________


*See My 15 Most Popular Posts HERE!
a
_________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________

This stuff is AWESOME: 


Last but not least.....
Image Map

a
Subscribe by Email: 
Enter your email address to get new posts delivered to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Kim said...

I really like the new rug! It's a keeper, for sure.

Splendid Sass said...

Looks fabulous, Stacy. I love it. So much better!!
Teresa
xoxo

Carla Aston said...

Nice, Stacy. Such a pretty room. Love the graphic quality of it all.

suzyq said...

Hi Stacey - long time no speak ( I think the last conversation was about your rug, lol )
And I LOVE your final choice - bold and beautiful.
Hugs,
Suzan

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Hi Stacy. I love striped rugs! and we're in good company - Genevieve Gorder uses them all the time! Your family room is lovely - especially love your curtains. What pattern is that fabric?
www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

I just love your style so classy. Looking forward to the reveal :)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Great style Stacy, I love every room you have!! Love the new rug, it just blends beautifully with the other too. Can't wait to see the reveal. Have a great week.
FABBY

carolyn bradford said...

Love the rug…and love the clean lines of your house! So pretty!
Carolyn

Sheer Serendipity said...

You have such beautiful style stacy. The new rug looks fantastic and your family room is stunning! I am trying to achieve the same style in my house, not quite happening yet...

matildaroseinteriors.blogspot said...

I think your new rug was a great choice, it looks really lovely. I also really love your living room, you've done such a beautiful job! - Alisha

The Decorating Diva said...

Your house is gorgeous!!

Mary Ann said...

Hi,
I really like your new rug. You've inspired me to rotate my kitchen table 90 degrees. Can you tell me about the gray sofas in your family room, please? Love those, too.
Thanks for sharing and great job on your home!!
Mary Ann

The enchanted home said...

Think the rug looks really good. Your family room is gorgeous but then again so is your entire house. Does it ALWAYS look soo perfect? GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Haus and Home said...

Was this the rug we voted on awhile back? Well it looks great! It came quick too! Everything is really looking great Stacy! Have a great week!

Ideezine said...

Sometimes elements of necessity bug us until they're resolved looks like you took great care in the decision process and it looks great.

Gild and Grace said...

Your home is gorgeous Stacy and I love those rugs :)

Abbey x

miss b said...

I love the new rug - great colour and the stripes fit in so well.
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Mrs. Sutton said...

Utterly gorgeous - Your home is SO elegant and chic - I love it! Paula x

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Stacy...I think it is perfect!...I so love the floor plan of your home...I love that you can see all three rooms from the kitchen, without the "one large room" effect. I love the way the corner work area divides the rooms just enough..All of the rooms are magnificently stunning!!!......I feel as though I am looking at pages from a magazine...Architectural Digest..have you seen this house????

Amanda said...

Stacy it looks perfect!! and your living room is amazing!! Dont you just love your dark floors! They really make the room.

Cynthia said...

The new rug looks great. Good choice!

Cynthia

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Looks fantastic Stacy. Coordinates well with the dinning room rug.Everything looks great!

pam {simple details} said...

Stacy, the rug is perfect and your family room is beyond perfection!! The combination of pieces is fabulous and that drapery fabric could be my favorite element in the room! Gorgeous, again!

Barbara@HausDesign said...

Looks so great! The table is set so beautifully too - great job! Your whole home has such a harmonized look - it's just lovely!!!

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Beautiful. Your home is lovely!

Designs By Pinky said...

GREAT rug, I like how it goes with the dining room rug. Your home is gorgeous....do you ever get tired of reading that???:):) XO, Pinky

Mel@Georgica Pond said...

Your house is looking spectacular. So sophisticated and stylish. Love everything you've done. Those rugs are brilliant and just finish the rooms off. I don't understand why people choose not to put rugs under dining tables or seating areas, I think they just don't look complete without them, and they are so nice under foot. Great choices. Your living area is beautiful, wall colour or not. Love your colours scheme, and it's all great inspiration for me for our living room that I'm stuck about. THanks for sharing.

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

I think the rug looks perfect there Stacy! So very pretty and refined all at the same time!

ka said...

LOVE both rooms! Thank you for sharing such beautiful spaces- I am truly inspired and hope to "borrow" many things for my home!

Karena said...

Stacy you have such great taste and I love striped rugs so crisp and classic!!

I have a special feature Interview on my site with Tina from The Enchanted Home...

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Aurelia (A Pretty Life) said...

Gorgeous inspiration as always!
http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

Like Me Some said...

Your home is stunning! Doesn't even look like you need paint from the pictures but anxious to hear what gray you choose. The rugs look fantastic! Every thing looks awesome and has a very finished clean look! I posted your dresser today that you painted with Annie Sloan chalk paint..I need tips desperately!
Also, love love your kitchen!!

brendam said...

It looks great! Good for you:)

Cre8ive Motives said...

love love your house Stacy. It's stunning looks like something right out of a magazine!

PURA VIDA said...

I don't often do this but I forwarded your link to hubby at work. That'll keep him busy for a while...drooling instead of calculating!