House Updates: Bathroom and Back Yard

Thursday, May 25, 2017

The only thing I haven't shown you in my bathroom is the shade, which arrived last week, and the mirrors, which came the week before. This room is impossible for me to photograph well because I am always shooting into the light. I've tried many times, and here is the best I could get. The shade is a spa green:




Which I used in the accessories, too:


I love the black floor, but I don't think it helps with photographing:


And the mirrors. I would have liked them a bit bigger, but I already had the faucets in, and they are tall. The sinks called for this type of faucets, and if I could do it again I probably would because I love the sinks, but it did interfere with the mirrors a bit:


 The last step is paint. I had the painter do white because I could't make a choice quickly enough. I'm debating between light gray and spa green/blue. You guys are really helpful when I do polls, so do you want to vote on color?

Blue/greens:

Grays:





What do you think?

Which paint color would you use?

Blue/green
Gray
Other
survey maker


I thought I'd show you a few shots of the weekend, after we worked liked crazy to get our yard ready for summer. My son got poison ivy and is home now with his eye swollen shut. It's the worst and I feel so badly for him, but he is handling it like a champ and barely complaining. Anyway, here are a few favorites:












Thanks for voting and I'll see you tomorrow with 50 Favorites!
Anonymous said...

Love the combo of the smaller herringbone pattern around the top of the tub with the larger marble tiles on the walls. Your kids are adorable and the backyard is perfection! Thanks for sharing, Stacy. These are the best kind of posts. :))

~Richelle

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love it all....your backyard is so beautiful and ready for summer fun!

artluvr said...

Of the blue/greens, the one on the right, with a bit more green in it. Your yard/deck/pool are amazing! Talk to me about the fire pit that you can use on a deck. Is it ethanol? Thanks for all the beauty and inspiration your blog brings to my inbox.

Anonymous said...

I have the gray white combo in my house. I really love it! I did do my small bathroom with a darker gray bottom with a nautical wallpaper on it. But I really want to go white gray with my master bath.
I think the sea foam green color would be nice as long as it works with your shade. You probably don't want to go darker green and I don't know if the shade matches the paint. I also love the blue color you picked but don't know if it would look right with the green shade also.
So I guess if you wanted to stay more neutral to go with the gray/white combo!
What was the top of the bathtub did you use?

Stacy CUrran said...

Ooops I forgot to answer the other question. The tub deck is a mosaic tile – honed marble.
Stacy

Stacy CUrran said...

The fire pit on the deckk is actually fueled by propane. They sell them at Lowe's and Amazon and places like that. It's not intended to be a heater but it works pretty well for heat too in my experience
Stacy

Merlin said...

Ready, Set, Partee'!!! It all looks fabulous!! Great job!! franki

Allison said...

Thank you so much for making this website! It has been very useful and awesome. décor

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

You're bathroom is coming along beautifully! I love the idea of a gray-green color. I'm getting ready to paint mine gray so maybe I just want to see something different lol.