Dining Room Update!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Today I want to share the current state of my dining room.  So many of you have asked, and I am touched by that.  And while this is not really the big reveal, because I have more to do, it is getting close. This first photo may be my favorite that I've ever taken of my house. I love taking photos into mirrors, but usually the flash spoils it:


I'm also looking for some black and white plates to tie it all together:






I was thinking all along that I might as well go all out and make this room as glam as I possibly can (you know me -- 'more is more' is my motto).  Along those lines, I always had big tall mirrors in the back of my mind, but didn't want to pay a lot for them.  My almost daily trips to Home Goods finally paid off (and on a day I had a store credit) and I found these, below.  I have to Rub-n-Buff them silver, but who cares!?  Oh, and see the paint being reflected in the left mirror? It has the first coat of Polyclear on it... still trying to decide if I want to do this faux lacquer look.  It is much less reflective in real life, and only comes out super-shiny like that with a flash:













You can barely tell, but there are silver metallic ceramic garden stools, one in front of each mirror -- look really closely at the bottom of the mirror on the left and you can see one:
















Notice that there is a chair missing? That's going to be a surprise :)
So you haven't heard the last from me on this room just yet....

And one last thing -- I do NOT leave the wrappers on my lamp shades as shown in this photo :)  I just need to put the harps back on and haven't done it, or removed the plastic, yet.

This last photo is a little closer to what the faux-lacquer really looks like:













I know this room is highly, highly stylized and not for everyone, but I am smitten...it makes me happy to go in here.  Even if it is not for you, I hope you enjoyed this little tour.

Here is the mirror link that readers have asked about. If you click the mirror it will take you to the page:




Thanks for reading!!
l
_________________________________________________________


*See My 15 Most Popular Posts HERE!
a
_________________________________________________________


And on my other blog, Mary Jane's Makeup, today:
"The BEST Makeup Trick Everyone Should Know"

_______________________________________________________

mmmaaa

Up To 90% Off Luxury Consignment _________________________________________________________


  Let's Be Friends:
If you are reading this post in an EMAIL and want to like of Facebook, CLICK THE BLUE BLOG TITLE, not the Like box, below.  Sorry, Like boxes don't work in emailed posts unless you GO TO THE PAGE BY CLICKING THE TITLE of the blog. Thanks a lot Facebook!  

               

     

               
 

This stuff is AWESOME: 


Last but not least.....
Image Map

a
Subscribe by Email: 
Enter your email address to get new posts delivered to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner
chichomeantiquesblog said...

Was it difficult painting the walls in lacquer? Always thought about it but, was never bold enough. Love the glam :)

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Absolutely beautiful! I think the dining room is the perfect space to go glam :)

Jennifer @ Belclaire House said...

So glam! I like it! Love the round table!

The enchanted home said...

STACY!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I expect the mags to come running this is seriously so magazine spread worthy! Just gorgeous love the mirrors, your elegant table and chairs, the colors..the touches of black are a great way to glam it all up...and you know I love those monogrammed lampshades...WELL DONE MY FRIEND.

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

It is super swanky, like an exclusive supper club dining room! I think it is fun with all the glamourous touches.

Amanda Hill said...

I think it's fabulous and chic! Great job!

Kathysue said...

It looks like a well groomed man in a custom tux made especially for him,with lovely cuff links!! Great job sweetie, I am impressed!!
xo Kathysue

Vickie H. said...

This is WONDERFUL! And I love your choice of the long mirrors your picked up from HG (don'tcha just LOVE those guys?!) The quatrefoil mirror is just outstanding. Have you considered mirrored placemats w/beveled edges for each place at the table just to up the glam factor there? or maybe a mirrored plinth in the center of the table beneath your urns...just a thought. This space is really progressing beautifully! Very nice job!

Sheila @SZInteriors said...

I'm loving it! Can't wait to see what you are doing with the missing chair ;-)

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

This is soooo my taste and style, but much more daring and elegant than anything I would ever come up with. I love every single detail. I was surprised that you changed your monogrammed lamp shades, though. I thought they were so chic and original.
Looking forward to the chair reveal...
~ Wendi ~

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

I love it; I think it's gorgeous!! I love the glamour and drama of black, white and silver.

An Urban Cottage said...

Someone just sent to see your dining room after doing a post on black walls today. I think I'm smitten too. I'll have to go back and see if you talk about the color. The lacquering idea is interesting too.

Lauren said...

Gorgeous! I love everything about it!! Those mirrors are perfect; I'm glad you were able to find what you were looking for. You definitely have talent :)

Sunny said...

Great job! I love it and I think that it is my style. Cannot wait for the next update/reveal.

Ideezine said...

Stacy,

Your dining room is guest ready before the reveal...how grand. I think it's stunning! You should feel so excited it's beautiful.

Bette

Evie said...

Just gorgeous. I love it! But I have a major crush on black and white right now!

evie @ brown paper packages

Karen T. said...

I love what you've done! I'm looking to redo a few rooms in my home (hopefully soon). Just out of curiosity, how high is the ceiling in the dining room? Thanks.

Naz said...

One word sums up this room "stunning". I love it.

Taylor Greenwalt said...

It looks gorgeous. Very creative Stacy. You cant beat Homegoods. I almost missed the garden stool.So glad you pointed it out. Cant wait to see it when it is all done.

Amanda said...

and when can I come over for dinner. I love it! so chic, so dramatic, and Im sure the walls are amazing in person. I totally see a glamourous New Years Eve dinner party here.

SHERRY HART said...

Beautiful Stacy! So glam and true to the style.....I think I will really like the shiny walls.....

Anonymous said...

Stunning room, Stacy! Would you share where you purchased the mirror in your first picture?

Terry

Stacy Curran said...

Terry....I just added the link to the mirror at the bottom of the post. Thanks,
Stacy

At The Picket Fence said...

Stacy this is GORGEOUS!!! The huge mirrors totally add so much drama and everything looks incredible. You know we always love when you share your beautiful home and wonderful ideas with us at Inspiration Friday! :-)
Vanessa

Marie said...

Stacy this is beautiful! I love the glam! So glad you linked up with us! Hope you're having a great weekend!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

Lindsay said...

This is such a gorgeous space! I would love to live in it. :) You have beautiful style! I am so happy to have you share this @ Show & Share, thank you!

Diane said...

Gorgeous! Your dining room has taken a different bit of a twist from when you started. BUT...I'm loving it! I can't wait to see the final reveal.
P.S. Have you ever thought about having someone come in and serve a meal to you and your husband for the perfect date? Seriously...how fun would that be. And so glamorous!

Marie said...

Looks beautiful! Thanks for linking with us and hope to see you again this Wednesday! Happy Thanksgiving!
Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

Lee said...

I absolutely love this look, I have just done my Christmas mantle in silver. I especially love the mirrors you have used. I am also planning to purchase a new mirror to go in a specific area to create a feeling of spaciousness. I wish at times I lived in the USA as you have so much choice there, I still haven't found my perfect mirror.

I saw your post through DIYshow off. I am new to blogging and live way over in New Zealand but so inspired by all I have seen in the blogasphere.

marble top dining table said...

Absolutely beautiful! I think the dining room is the perfect space to go glam :)

Karyn said...

This is so beautiful! Where did you get that slim black console table with the fabulous legs underneath the quatrefoil mirror?

Bobs Furniture said...

Just lovely! You always manage to work your magic. Love this transformation- it is so great to see the before and after and it hasn't begun yet! I love this feature and you always have awesome ideas!

Bobs Furniture