The Single Best Acccessory for Any Room

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Some designers say every room needs a little black. I agree with that, kind of - many, many rooms will benefit from some black, but not all (picture an all white room... surely there is a case to be made for that style, which has no black).  In general, I don't think you can apply a rule of any kind to all rooms of all styles.  The one exception, in my opinion, might be for mirrors - I DO think that all rooms need a mirror.  Or, put another way, I can't think of a room that couldn't use a mirror.  What do you think?  These particular images are all over sized mirrors.  I think in the case of shiny reflective things, more tends to be more...so I LOVE each and every one of these rooms:































Here is my own dining room, which I know you've seen, but I wanted to point out the mirrors. I used a LOT, which some people have criticised, but I love the way the room sparkles at night:





My Favorite Deals From Across the Internet. 
Updated Daily. Sometimes hourly:
Jossandmain.com online decor ad
             

Enter your email address to receive posts by email:






Thanks for reading!
Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I am so with you on this one. AND the bigger the better. Totally mirror obsessed.

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I love mirrors for the sparkle factor, but they are also cheaper than artwork. I love full length mirrors behind console tables in the foyer right now. It's amazing how people come up with fresh ways to use mirrors.

sheerserendipity said...

I love mirrors for so many reasons… Especially the extra large ones, they really make a statement!

Unknown said...

i love all of them.
thnx your sharing;)

http://prettyinpinkbride.blogspot.com

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Stacy...I have a big big mirror that I don't know what to do with...You might of given me an idea....Thanks!

diane said...

I so agree that mirrors really enhance a room and I love some of the examples you have shown. I am getting ready to frame a mirrored wall in our remodel and you have given me some ideas, as always

Cynthia said...

I totally agree, I love these mirrors pictured. For me the more ornate the better.

Cynthia

Danielle said...

I agree! I LOVE mirrors. The more the merrier. Have so many around my house. I love the added light and how it makes a space look bigger.

Anonymous said...

I love these rooms. I'd have mirrors too if I didn't have to see my reflection every time I went by them! :-)

Jules

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love mirrors...and love yours in the dining room..Now, I am not sure about using mirrors as a headboard....hmmm....

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love mirrors...and love yours in the dining room..Now, I am not sure about using mirrors as a headboard....hmmm....

Merlin said...

The MORE mirrors the merrier!! franki