Bathroom Progress, and A Country Home in Oxfordshire

Sunday, April 2, 2017

I'm still really busy with client work, so I am not able to write  a lot of commentary this week again. But I do want to show you my bathroom progress, since so many of you asked (very nice of you!). There is still a long way to go, but at least there is something to show.

Here are the floors - 16" black polished marble tiles laid on the diagonal: 



And here it is with grout, although it is so dirty you can barely tell:


And here is where the shower was, ripped out now and ready to be tiled (left), and the tub area also ready to be tiled (right):


 And a couple more views. It's not pretty yet, but soon....

 

And moving on. This is a tour of a country home outside of London in Oxfordshire, England (published here). Take a look and let me know what you think. I hope you enjoy it:



















What do you think? It's not really my style, but it reminds me of the rooms at Anthropologie, which are such a unique bohemian mix that I enjoy even if I wouldn't choose it. 

Happy Monday everyone!
designchic said...

Your bathroom is moving right along and I can't wait to see it finished. It's going to be amazing! Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see photos of the finished bathroom!

diane said...

Not what I would have expected but some of the details are so beautiful and the eclecticism (is that a word?) is fun. Looking forward to seeing your finished bath as a new master bath is on our list for this year. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing an update on the master bath. Love the diagonal setting for the marble tiles. It's going to be fabulous!!

~Richelle