OUR HOME THROUGH THE YEARS

Sunday, April 3, 2011














_________________________

And in more detail.....
KITCHEN










Click HERE to see my DIY Kitchen Paneling Post
Click HERE to see my Floor Refinishing Post

FAMILY ROOM NOW
In Progress- expected to be finished in August:






Family Room Before









Family Room before that..... 




DINING ROOM NOW:






Dining Room Before:

 


OFFICE NOW








Office Before:







Most recently before it was an office:




For my post on How to Add Fabric Stripes to Chairs, click HERE

Living Room In Various Stages of Remodel 
(This room is my Achilles heel AND I can't get a good photo of it):




MASTER BEDROOM NOW:







BEFORE:

 


For those of you who have asked, the Zebra Rug is available HERE

Master Bedroom Before That:



BASEMENT:


GUEST ROOM NOW:








GUEST ROOM BEFORE:


DAUGHTER'S ROOM:





Click HERE to see the Desk Makeover Post (Pink Desk Above)

Daughter's Room Before


SON'S ROOM:

BATHS:



TABLESCAPES:




OTHER PROJECTS










MY BACKYARD AND LANDSCAPING



A FEW DO IT YOURSELF PROJECTS:

Cording at molding, above
Adding crystals to a chandelier
Adding crystals to a chandelier
DIY Sketch art gallery wall
Adding gray panel to chairs, adding nail heads
And one of my favorite client projects:

Check out my favorite low cost sources:


View My Hand Picked Daily Deals:

Subscribe by Email HERE 

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

This is so beautiful. I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas.

Southgate said...

We have very similar styles! I could move right into any of the spaces you've pictured and be perfectly happy! I love a little glamour and sparkle!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Thanks Stacy for joining my newbie party. Have fun! Please enter my button or link indicating such, I love for new people to find out about it.

CAS said...

Love, love, love the very first pic of the kitchen. It's very similar to my current kitchen. Also really liked the bedroom with the small sofa at the foot of the bed. Oh, yum! Looking forward to lots of inspiration. I'm a new follower.
CAS

Stacy Curran said...

Thank you CAS for the nice comment and the following!!!!

Wanda Lee said...

Hello there Stacy,

Thanks for sharing such artfully composed room vignettes! I love all of the drama and inspiration for decor ideas.~ Fabulous!

Please also accept my warmest invitation to pop by for some cyber 'tea and treats' sometime soon..,

I also love celebrating all things afternoon tea and tea related tea each Tuesday at two of my blogs, whereby I/we host two weekly blog parties entitled, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday' that I share with my friend Pam and also my 82nd, 'Tuesday Tea For Two', coming up this next Tuesday..,

YOU ARE MOST WELCOME TO JOIN THE FUN!

Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee
@ http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com
and also @ http://silkenpurse

Rettabug said...

Hi Stacey!

I'm thrilled to be your newest follower! You've got a delicious sense of style & grace & I can't wait to poke around some of your other postings.

I ♥♥♥ that Christmas table, BTW!! Color me impressed!
I look forward to seeing more of your design work.
fondly,
Rett

Marlis said...

Beautiful rooms and tables. Love your attention to detail and the unfussiness of every room!

Patti said...

I like your style--wait, that sounds like a pickup line at a sleazy bar. Let me try again--Your decorating style is fresh and bright--just what I like to see. Looking forward to more.

Desiree said...

I love your home!! So beautiful and elegant!!

Michelle said...

You have a beautiful home looks like it is straight from the pages of a glossy magazine :)

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Every single room is just so beautiful!!!

CalypsoInTheCountry said...

I just love your elegant home! Glad I found you!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

so pretty! Thanks so much for linking this up to our Wicked Awesome Wednesday party!

Terry said...

Every room is stunning.

Stacey - Elle Belle said...

What a beautfiul space to call home!!

Leanne said...

Wow! So beautiful! Thanks for linking to the party and sharing your beautiful spaces.

Katie said...

Gorgeous!

Remodelaholic said...

Holy Moly, I am blown away! Only in my dreams would all of my house be this finished and absolutely beautiful! I would be SO happy if you would be willing to come and do a home tour for Remodelaholic. If you are interested please let me know.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your entire home is stunning! I love yur details and every room has it's own look and personality...you're a terrific designer! I wrote you before on this, but it didn't go for some reason, blog is having issues, again! Have a great weekend! FABBY

somedaycrafts said...

What eye candy!!! Beautiful pics!

Poppy said...

Stacy, your home is absolutely stunning! There is no other way I can put my feelings in words... simply stunning! Your creativity and your exceptional talent in decorating is soooo inspiring. I was reading your guest post and loved it... you are a smart,and successful lady who is following your passion and living your dreams. Truly admirable!~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Karen @ Goodbyecityhellosuburb said...

Thanks for linking to Workshop Wednesday! I featured your beautiful home this week- when can I move in?

Jena @ Involving Color said...

Stacy, your home is amazing! You have such wonderful style. I'd love to add a few of your room images to the inspiration galleries on my site and include you in a feature post. Let me know if you're interested!

Linda said...

Hi - Am a very new follower so posting this very much after you featured this, but had to say, I love your home! You did such a classic job in the decorating - true New England home! Love all the crown molding and built-ins...those are two design features I love in any home!

Best Wishes...read about your transition back to MA and so glad you did-family is SO important!

God Bless!
Linda
beachside cottage

Shelley said...

You're amazing Stacy! I just love your style and am now your newest follower :D Would love for you to stop by some time - www.westermanfam.blogspot.com

Shelley

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

Wow, I love your home! It's beautiful!!!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Beautiful images! You have a wonderful sense of style. I love the clean calm lines and great detail!
I am a new follower!
Yvonne

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

This is a gorgeous post! Each and every room is stunning. Thanks for sharing:)
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Dining Delight said...

I want to move in! Your home is gorgeous and wonderfully decorated! Your design style is fabulous. That talent transfers on to the table too - your tablescapes are lovely!

DD - new follower!

A Perfect Setting said...

This home is incredible. I love every room! Can you come visit me? I could use a little help (sigh). I love my home, but I think it needs some updating. Your style is right up my alley!!

Jane said...

Your home is amazing and magazine worthy!

Jane
frugalfineliving.com
Join us on Facebook!

Jane said...

Just poking around on your site and found out you are from MA. Where are you located on the south shore?

Jane
frugalfineliving.com
Join us on Facebook!

xinex said...

Thanks for sharing these very inspirational photos!..Christine

Alycia Nichols said...

Hi, Stacy! I am thoroughly enchanted by your master bedroom! There's nothing like the opportunity to come home to a relaxing haven. I also really love the two that appear to be guest bedrooms. Very inviting! Kudos to you for tackling the landscape lighting on your own. I don't know that I have it in me anymore! Have a great weekend!

Karin Åžen Cankan said...

Stacey,

One word fablous!!!!!

Just loved everyweher everything.

Thank you for sharing

Lots of love,
Karin Åžen Cankan
karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

ashley@decorology said...

Do love that gray! Thanks for sharing!

Michelle@Somedaycrafts said...

I'm in love with your house! It should be in a magazine!

Helen's Decor said...

I've enjoyed visiting and am a new follower. Hope you visit me soon.

Helen

For the Love of a Cottage said...

A beautiful home. What talent you have!!

classic • casual • home said...

Really gracious, beautiful home! Following you :)

Tracy@GeneralSplendour said...

Ok this is crazy! Just found you via your monogram lamps - which I LOVE. As I go through your pictures and posts - it is like we were twins. Your dining room light - I have the sconces in my bathroom. My kitchen - black white green. My bathroom - light aqua and silver. My current room? My dining room - so similar to yours only mine is deep navy and white and silver. My name? TRACY Your name? - STACY - see - twins separated at birth! LOL! SO excited to be your latest follower!

Tracy@GeneralSplendour said...

By the way - your home is simply stunning! You should be very proud!

mishelle said...

your home is my dream home. your decor is to die for and i am quite jealous. that being said , i love your style, love your dining room and master bathroom alot. your blog is a great inspiration.

Renee said...

Your home is gorgeous! I love the idea of hanging the wallpaper on the back of the bookshelves. Thanks for sharing this at my link party!
Renee @ Rustic Crafts

At The Picket Fence said...

Stacy, your home is beyond gorgeous and the grasscloth on the bookcases was the perfect touch! You have so much talent and your eye for great design is a gift for sure. :-) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inspiration Friday!
Vanessa

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Stacy, What gorgeous rooms! Each one is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for linking to the Open House party and I am now following.
Hugs,
Sherry

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Absolutely lovely! Thanks for linking up at the blog party.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Your home is absolutely gorgeous~ I love it. So beautiful! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

You know I'm a fan already (c: So glad you linked up those rooms for Roomspiration! Thanks, girl!

Sandra said...

I am new follower and I'm glad I found you. Love your style!

Vicky said...

Wow, you home is stunning! I know a lot of hard work went into that. You have great design sense. I am a new follower from Creations by Kara. Vicky from Mess For Less

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Everything looks fabulous, so beautiful! I have joined your followers list and invite you to join my followers list; as well,I hope you will grab a blog button. Hugs, Gayle
http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Oh.My.Gosh! I'm drooling over it all! Beautiful home, just beautiful!
Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

Carrie said...

Speechless! GEORGOUS! Yep, that about pretty much sums it up! Pinning, and your newest GFC groupie. Ready to move in, will cook, clean and do laundry!

Astute Information said...

Wow! I love all the details- I am amazed, where do I start. DITTO
when do I move in?

If you would like to post your holiday designs, I am hosting my first contest at http://astuteinfo.blogspot.com/2011/12/best-holiday-decor-contest.html

Best Holiday Wishes
Anesa

Sherri Cassara said...

I just came over from HomeBunch .... your house is GORGEOUS! It looks like a set from a Nancy Meyer's movie! I need to go back and pin now. And click, I'm following! So glad you guest posted today. Loved all the nurseries. :D

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust said...

Hi Stacy,
Popping over from Vintage Revivals. Love your blog so much I am a new follower. Can't wait to come back when I have more time!

Warmly, Michelle

Shauna at Classically Chic Design said...

Stacy,

I absolutely love your blog! What a beautiful home....I have been so inspired I have just started my own and would love for you to stop by, take a look and let me know what you think. I look forward to all of your post.

Sincerely
Shauna

Macro Van said...

This is very beautiful house.
Thanks for sharing.
Good post.

Our Little Orphanage C said...

Your home is full of class! I love every inch of all of it. I will be hanging out here a lot while I redo our home and try to get the look you have going it is just simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing it,I'm your newest follower (stalker:)in a good way of course.

Anonymous said...

Your home is beautiful! Do you remember the color of the granite for the kitchen counters? thanks.

Stacy Curran said...

I don't remember the granite color name- I'm sorry. It is cream, black and brown speckles with no movement -
Stacy

Steam Showers said...

Im in love with your home especially the kitchen and the master bedroom absolutely amazing I could never make that color pallet work.

Lucia T. said...

Hi Stacy, I am in love with all of your rooms! I actually saw the pictures of your living room some years ago in HGTV's rate my space, and I have been wondering ever since where you purchased your large sofa (the one across from the fireplace)? I would love to know!

Thanks!

"Blossom" said...

Good morning Stacy, can you tell me where you purchased the black and tan run on the third picture in the kitchen area under the table. Thank you, I'm going to check out your services too.

the Sweetest Memory said...

Your house is stunning! The befores and afters are lovely, but I have to say each after is amazing. Your house should be in a magazine! (It might be, I just found you and so glad I did!)

Kari

Wendy @ChoosingLoveAZ said...

Simply stunning.

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Stacy, I adore your style. It's so cohesive even when it's changing. Love your Christmas tablescapes. Saw you over at Adorned from Above. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-17.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Adorned From Above said...

Stacy,
These rooms are beautiful. I love everything. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/10/almond-sugar-body-scrub-and-wednesdays.html
from Wednesday until Sunday.
Hope to see you there.
Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above
www.adornedfromabove.com

Unknown said...

I think I could live in the magazine that is your home. love.

Aloha Sweet Friend,

The ladies and I are starting to gather a bit early this week so that we can take our turkey loving time mingling and growing together over the next few days.

Thank you for linking up with us last week, thank you for sharing your sweet energy with all of us... thank you for being beautiful you.

Come join us if you please.
xo,
Nicole
localsugarhawaii.com

Anonymous said...


Right here is the perfect website for everyone who really wants to understand this topic. You understand so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I personally would want to…HaHa). You certainly put a brand new spin on a topic which has been written about for a long time. Excellent stuff, just excellent!

Hunter Douglas said...

Post is well written and it contains many good things for me. I am glad to find your inspiring way of writing the post.

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

I lurve, lurve, lurve your house! Your decorating style reminds me of my Great Aunt Carrie's style. She mixed different colors pulling them together with black and a ton of metals. I was very fond of her style and seeing yours brings back lovely memories of the summers I spent in her grand house. And, btw, you will be one of the features at this Friday's Anything Blue Friday party. I'm actually working on the post early. Sometimes I shock myself! Anyhoo, pop in and grab an Anything Blue Friday feature button. Hope to see you again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy! I am new to your blog and LOVED your Benjamin Moore lists and home tour. I am buying a foreclosed home and will be repainting the entire home. I was wondering if you could share the paint colors that you have used in your home (especially the blues, greens, and tans). I would greatly appreciate it! Karen

Stacy CUrran said...

Hi Karen! I'd be happy to help you but I don't have contact info for you. Email me at Stacycurran (at) verizon (dot) net and I'd be happy to help you!
Stacy

Jeanne said...

It was lovely to find this post.

Alex Stephen said...

Love the very first pic of the kitchen. Your decorating style reminds me of my Great Aunt Carrie's style. She mixed different colors pulling them together with black and a ton of metals. I was very fond of her style and seeing yours brings back lovely memories of the summers I spent in her grand house. Yacht Insurance Southern California

Unknown said...

Love the DIY on the chair (last picture). Nail heads are my favorite thing right now!

-Karen
www.yourstylistkaren.com

Scat said...

Omg!! Perfectly gorgeous.

PamLuvsPink said...

Hi Stacy!!!!

Thank you for this very gorgeous post on your home!!! I really love the "Loveseat" that was in your bedroom before your new bedroom. It caught my eye right away!!!

You always have such great posts and it's so great to look for items around where I live that could be like one you've showed.

Enjoy the rest of the week!!!

Pam

Anonymous said...

Everything is now gray. One room looks like the next. Not a fan. Now you just need to stain the house gray and no one will know if they are on the inside of the house or the outside.

Stacy CUrran said...

The previous comment is not worthy of a long response. We all know what type of person writes comments like that, so I don't need to say it. What I will say to the anonymous commenter, whoever you are, is that I sincerely wish you more happiness in the future than I expect you have right now.

For everyone else, one important point that I would like to make has to do with my philosophy about decorating. I strongly believe that every person should decorate their homes with what they like. Even if no one else in the world likes it. The point of decorating a home is to make it nurturing, loving, and happy. A place you want to go home to at night. Some people don't need any decorating to feel that way, which is totally fine, whereas others, like me and a lot of you readers, find joy and happiness and peace in beauty. But of course beauty is subjective. I say if you want to paint your whole house hot pink because it makes you happy then by all means go for it! Please please please, whatever you do, don't let other people's opinions get you down. Having different tastes and having beauty be subjective is what makes everyone unique and special. And while I may not personally care for the work of some designers, I love that they are bringing what they feel is beautiful into the world and I applaud them, rather than criticize them, for doing it.

Stacy

Celeste said...

Beautiful! Is the wallpaper in your powder room textured?

Carie Spence said...

I can't believe how beautiful it all is. Truly great style, I just love it all!

Sprinklemonkey said...

I LOVE your built ins!!!! And your daughters furniture!! Great pictures and everything is magazine ready! Just lovely!
Thank you for linking up to #throwbackthursdaylinkup

Amy @ItsAMindfulLife said...

Hi Stacy! I am in LOVE with your home. You have a wonderful sense of style and do a great job of styling your home. It looks beautiful while also being inviting. Happy to find you on The Throwback Thursday Linky!

Stacy CUrran said...

@Celeste - yes, it is textured paper!

Claudia said...

Wow..
What a beautiful house. Very nice and warm.
Please let me in, hehe..

Music Tee

mejustme said...

Goodness, everything is lovely, like a model home! How do you keep it so every surface is not just clean but gleaming!?

Buy nilkamal chairs said...

nice blog

Anonymous said...

Love all your decorations. I fell in love with your post from Themeless Thursday #1 bedroom set picture. The black and ivory comforter set with the gold mirror. Do you have a website/store I could go in to purchase the set? Thank you!
My email is: camilaluna88@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I am beginning redecorating my house and love the ideas! I really want new sofa sets for my basement and family room first and then want to design from bedroom!
Wicker Outdoor Dining Setting

Unknown said...

I am beginning redecorating my house and love the ideas! I really want new sofa sets for my basement and family room first and then want to design from bedroom!
Wicker Outdoor Dining Setting

Unknown said...

I stumbled upon your blog through Pinterest. I think your house is beautiful and your sense of style is amazing! I love all of it!

Unknown said...

WOW! Amazing style! Well done!

David Silva said...

Oh.My.Gosh! I'm drooling over it all! Beautiful home, just beautiful!
Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

Anonymous said...

I really love those kitchen chairs in the last post....where to purchase please!!!

Stacy CUrran said...

To the last commenter - I'm sorry but that was several years ago and that fabric is no longer available. These are similar though: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Ave-Six-Andrew-Tufted-Back-Armless-Chair/9106204/product.html

Stacy

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Stacy you are awesome!!!!

Angelina at Petite Haus said...

Your home is beautiful Stacy! I frequently read your blog but didn't know you had a home tour - thanks for sharing with Thursday Favorite Things!

Edwige (LeavesByEdwige) said...

Wow, the transition is simply stunning! Your house is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Stacy, I'm loving the table and chairs in the very last picture.. I see you commented on where to get similar chairs but do you know where this table is from or one similar? This is exactly what I'm looking for for my dining room! Thanks so much and your home is STUNNING!!

Stacy CUrran said...

Yes Kristen Reamirez- this is the closest table: http://www.potterybarn.com/products/70763/

Or try "Square black dining table" on Wayfair.com if you have time to search because often there are similar ones for less

Stacy

Stacy CUrran said...

Kristen:

http://www.wayfair.com/Hampton-Dining-Table-THRE3675-THRE3675.html?piid%5B0%5D=16286303

http://www.wayfair.com/Arts-and-Crafts-Dining-Table-5180-31-HO1898.html?piid%5B0%5D=9696862

http://www.wayfair.com/Hillgate-Dining-Table-ANH2113-ANH2113.html

-stacy

Matter said...

I really like that black console table's legs (photo right above Office Now). Do you remember the name of the designer or where you got the console table?

Stacy CUrran said...

^Cath HL - I got it at Home Goods years ago and sprayed it black. I'm sorry to say I am not aware on any reasonably priced ones right now. LaylaGrayce.com probably has some similar custom ones if you can pay a lot for it. Thanks,
Stacy

Matter said...

Thank you for responding!

Brenda R said...

Hi Stacy- Love, love, love the grey ikat dining room chairs that are in your clients home. Where is the fabric and/or chairs from or manufacturer?

Stacy CUrran said...

I'm sorry Brenda, that fabric and chair are discontinued
Stacy

Dirty Karma said...

What a great house you have! Beautiful decorated and organize.

Really love the chandeliers and nice carpet. My favourite room is the master beadroom :)

Jones said...

wow, a very great article. The house is very beautiful. I've seen all the pictures, pictures are also very beautiful, very chic and modern. I would love, love to enjoy his son's room. Look at them very dynamic, fresh and I like blue.

Anonymous said...

I love your house! I love your style! It's so elegant and beautiful! I have a question about the glass globe lighting in the last client kitchen. I have almost the exact kitchen and have been looking to change the lighting to something similar. Would you happen to remember where you purchased the pendant lights? Or the brand? I like the black metal design on the glass and haven't been able to find anything like it.
Thanks!!

Stacy CUrran said...

^To Anonymous,
Those lights were from Ballard Designs. Thanks for the comment!
Stacy

Robert Smith said...

I love your house. So gorgeous and beautiful. I love the inspiration. Thanks for sharing those amazing picture.

Malificent said...

Your house is stunning! Great style, well none! Could share the paint colors that you have used in your home please, Thank you.