Clean, Fresh, Inspired White Rooms

Sunday, January 10, 2016

I'm curious to know whether I will ever go back to color on the walls. Ever year or two, my style changes and I am sure it won't change again, but then it does. Case in point: gold vs. silver (I finally won that expensive little war by using both, because I really do love them both). But the white vs. color isn't totally decided yet for me. I'm in a white phase right now for sure, but I can't swear I'll never go back to color. What about you - do you guys have a strong preference?

Here is my case for white:

































Leslie Sinclair said...

I love white!! It is such a great backdrop and you can change small things in the room for a totally different look! xo Leslie Sinclair

Veronica said...

I love image #3 with the Moroccan wedding throw. By chance do you have the source for that image? I would love to try to find out more about the bedding and pillows.

Veronica said...

Oh, I totally skipped your question! I recently gave up my white vs color battle after a few friends really bashed my home for lacking in color. I had been on the fence about adding color, but their comments really hurt my feelings. I know I should have just disregard them, but it's hard when it comes from people you love. Anyway, I'm actually glad I did. I accented with teal and pear and love it! My home is still dominated by white because the neutral tone relaxes me, but the little pops of color are quite cheerful and motivating.

Merlin said...

White is not right for me - HOWEVER - fun to see how others use. franki

Linda Pakravan said...

I love looking at these white rooms, white furniture, white curtains. But in real life I need some color. Plus I'm way too messy to be able to keep a white sofa white.

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

Beautiful rooms, but since my rooms are also white I might be a little biased. ;) Honestly, it just goes with the style of my house with the arched doorways and tall ceilings.

Sally said...

Hello Stacey
I think that like you, as a designer ( and others I know are the same) I may sometimes crave an all white space...somewhere to collect ones thoughts, a kind of peaceful place to cleanse the soul.
I also especially love white flowers and gardens.

I wanted to tell you, how interesting I found your post on decorators and e.design. It really was most helpful, thank you

Very best wishes, Sallyx

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love this post....you chose the perfect images for presenting such cleaned and fresh rooms...loving the symmetry and grace of the dining room....Have a great weekend!