The Top 100 Benjamin Moore Paint Colors

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Update: I wrote a follow up to this with 100 MORE paint colors. To make it easier for readers, I pasted it below this one, so there are really 200 colors here if you keep scrolling
______________________________________________
 
Here are my first 100 favorite Benjamin Moore paint colors, organized by color, with the name of the color under the photo:

WHITES
Cloud White
Cream Fleece
Ashwood
Moonshine
White Heron
Halo
Atrium White
Overcast
Bone White
Moonlight White
Linen White
Linen Sand
Horizon
Beiges

Soleil
Sparrow
Copley Gray
Greige
Nightingale
Gray Cashmere
Shelburne Buff
London Fog
Gray Cashmere
Grant Beige
Shaker Beige
Papaya
Ashwood
Woodstock Tan
Swiss Coffee
Yellows

Cork
Sundance
Hawthorne Yellow
Straw
Browns

Bittersweet Chocolate
Raccoon Hollow
Kona
Sparrow
Blues

Healing Aloe
Raindance
Silver Sage Via http://pinterest.com/source/viewalongtheway.com/
Nightingale
Wyeth Blue
Wedgewood Gray
I think this is close to Colonial Blue
Palladian blue
Storm
Stratton Blue
Iceberg
Pale Smoke
Silver Crest
Wedgewood Gray
Woodlawn Blue
Bermuda Blue
Mysterious
Hale Navy
Knoxville Gray
Dragonfly
Smoke
Sterling
Grays
 Rockport Gray
Gray owl
Revere Pewter
Fieldstone
Gettysburg Gray
Classic Gray
Dior Gray
Silver Fox
Fushion
Hazy Skies
Senora Gray
Shaker Gray
Hazy Skies
Dolphin
Gravel Gray
Coventry Gray
Timberwolf Gray
Nimbus
Sag Harbor Gray
Gray Horse
Coventry Gray
Sparrow
Asphalt
Antique Pewter
Greens

Moonshine
Chameleon
Creekside Green
Camouflage
Narragansett Green
Horizon
Mesquite
Oregano

Blacks 

Black Horizon
Kendall Charcoal
Nightfall

Pinks and Reds

Love and happiness
Rhubarb
Poppy
______________________________________________


This is a follow up post to the post above. Here are 100 more Benjamin Moore paint color favorites:


WHITES and CREAMS

White Dove
Old Prairie
Soft Chamois
Morning Dew (Paul Moon)
Chantilly Lace
Super White (Marie Burgos)
China White
Snowfall White (Frank Roop)
Indian White (Adler & Tweed)
Navajo White (CJB Designs)
White Dove (Wet Elm Catalog)
Morning Dew
Mayonnaise (House Beautiful)
Seashell

 TANS and BEIGES and BROWNS

Grege Avenue (Cardea Building Co.)
Shale
Natural Linen (The Sky is the Limit)
Valley Forge Tan (Swanky Swell)
Abalone (Cardea Buliding Co.)
Lighthouse Landing
Baby Fawn (Armonia Decor)
Brandon Beige (Urrita Design)
Willow Creek
Valley Forge Brown
Texas Leather
Deep Caviar (Marie Burgos)
Brandon Beige (Urrutia Designs)
Clay Beige (Chalet Development)
Cedar Key (Maria Burgos)
Baja Dunes
Clinton Brown (4 Men 1 Lady)
Middlebury Brown (Martha O'Hara Interiors)
Woodcliff Lake  (Urrutia Designs)

GRAYS

Horizon
Galveston Gray
Amherst Gray

Cumulus Cloud
Classic Gray (Armonia Decor)
Repose Gray
Galveston Gray
Classic Gray
Coastal Fog (Cynthia Smiley)
Stormy Monday
Storm
Rockport Gray
Sparrow (Brian Dittmar Design)
Arctic Gray (Caitlyn Wilson Design)
Stone Harbor
Beacon Gray
Ozark Shadows (The Casablanca Transformation)
Northern Cliffs (Martha O'Hara)
Wales Gray (Martha O'Hara)
Ashley Gray (Megan Blake Designs)
Gravel Gray
Sterling
Cobblestone (Martha O'Hara Interiors)

 BLUES

Constellation
North Sea Green (Adore Magazine)
Galapagos Turquoise
Southern Belle
Electric Blue
Ice Blue (Style Court)
Waterfall
Bird's Egg
Galapagos (David Nicolas)
Van Deusen Blue (Lindsay Harper, House Beautiful)
PINKS and PURPLES

Pre Dawn Sky (Jonathan Adler)
Florida Pink
Pink Cloud
Vintage Charm (Emily Henderson)
Durango Dust (Lori Feldman)
Romantic Pink
Pink Harmony (A la Mode Maven)

REDS

Red Tulip (Elle Decor)
Bulls Eye Red

ORANGES 

Toffee Cream and Deep Ocean
Fresno
Calypso Orange (Elle Decor)
Coral Reef
Copper Mountain

Tangerine Dream (Traditional Home)

GREENS

Silken Pine (HGTV)
Pale Avocado (At Home in Arkansas)
Peacock Blue and Acadia Green
Cedar Green
Croquet
Paris Rain (Teresa Meyer Interiors)
Pale Oak
Spring Valley (Cardea Building Co.)
Guilford Green
South Beach (House Beautiful)
Coastal Paradise (Amy Carman)
Dark Celery (Elle Decor)
Pear Green (Elle Decor)

YELLOWS

Precious Cream
Lemon Ice
Tuscon Winds (Pottery Barn Catalog)
Da Vinci's Canvas
Inner Glow (House Beautiful)
Ticonderoga Taupe, Vellum, and  Albescent

BLACK

Caviar

My Favorites Sales Today:




Official Elite Serum Website


Amy @MaisonDecor said...

This is an excellent post~I love seeing the names of the colors with the rooms, and of course we all know it can look different in our own homes, but its a great reference point!!

Acquired Objects said...

I am so keeping this post Stacy...GREAT JOB! Thank you for all your hard work because not only did we get to see some fabulous rooms but you listed all the paint colors for us. Enjoy your week off!

XX
Debra~

Danika Herrick said...

First off, amazing post! Definitely one I will share with friends & clients that are on the color contemplation fence. Incredible amount of work went into this and it shows!
Secondly, good for you for taking a break! You really need to or else you burn out. I sometimes just go MIA because it gets too much some weeks, but I enjoy blogging so much more after a break. Have a great week off!
XO
Danika

Cynthia said...

Stacy great job I am also keeping this post eventhough I probably have every chip on here Benjamin Moore is all we use.

Thanks
Cynthia

Jenny said...

Awesome post Stacy! Definitely pinning this one for future reference!

Lana said...

Love this post with the reference to all the colors. I have my favorites all flagged in my fan deck now. I could not find some, so I am not sure it they have changed the color names.
I want to repaint my home to have more of a Swedish/French look. It is so hard to pick a color when so many are nice. I am loving the new Benjamin Moore colors in the Color Story fan deck. These new colors are only in the Aura paint and no black is used to achieve the color.
I am thinking maybe Paper Doll, or Barely There. I plan on doing some sample boards first to see what they look like at different times of the day.

Margaret @ ASAP Weddings said...

THANK YOU!!! Love this post!!!

pam {simple details} said...

THANK YOU!! What a valuable reference that only you could put together in such a beautiful format! Have fun, sweet friend!

Kathysue said...

Stacy what a wonderful source for all of us. I pinned your blog on my color combination board for this whole post. Great resource for anyone and everyone. Thank you for such a labor of love!! Have a wonderful week off!
xo Kathysue

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

This is fantastic...This is a "keeper" for a great resource...Love it ...and thanks for doing the work for us!!...

Have a wonderful break!!! See you in a week!

Splendid Sass said...

Stacey-
I am booking marking this, and when someone looks at me like I am crazy when I tell them that there are so many different shades of white and all colors, I will give this the address to the post!
Great images too.
Happy Sunday.
Teresa
xoxo

chichomeantiquesblog said...

Post well done! I have always been a dedicated fan of Benjamin Moore true and true. Great photos, you deserve a break after that one!

PURA VIDA said...

Man I will look at this one over and over...such useful work you have done for us!

Claudia said...

Hello,
Thank you for this fabulous post! Gorgeous pictures and can't wait to check out some of these paint color chipslike our living room. We painted our dining room and great room a Nantucket Fog color which I love. Have not changed the color of our living room yet which is the next project. It's currently Hawthorne yellow but would like to lighten it with one of the lighter shades of blue.

Thank you and enjoy your week. Claudia

Annie H. said...

This is worth saving. We used storm and moonshine and they are both fantastic colors that I would use again. Fantastic post.

Elaine said...

Wow, what a beautiful, informative post! Thank you for working so hard on it. I am using Gray Owl in a remodel of a 1961 home - never been updated before - and I hope it looks good. I love all your selections.I will refer to this post over and over.

miss b said...

Well it was well worth the time you spent creating this post. Lovely to see the paints in room settings - I especially love the whites!
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

Jean @ Flower Hill said...

Enjoy your week off!

Decor & Harmony said...

Stacy, this is terrific enjoy your time off I hope you have it all planned a week goes by so quickly. I love Ben Moore paint thanks for taking the time to put this all together.

Cre8ive Motives said...

I love BM paint as well. I am currently doing my kitchen and living room in "china white".Enjoy your time off!

Anonymous said...

Seriously wow!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you for this post! The work involved in this was enormous and you should know how appreciated your hard work is. I am sharing this with everyone I know undergoing some renovations. You are amazing!

Haus and Home said...

Great job! I can imagine this was a huge undertaking, but it looks amazing! Thanks for all of your hard research AND for sharing! Enjoy your week off :)

Sheila @SZInteriors said...

Wow, I can see how this was A LOT of work for you to put together - and thank you for this! What an awesome visual resource. Now, I hope you have an amazing week off from blogging. The recharge is well worth the time you are taking. Enjoy!!! :-)

Nickie said...

I definitely bookmarked this post! Fantastic!

Like Me Some said...

Now, this is a post worth bookmarking!!!!!
Fanatsic and thank you!!! Great go-to for colors!!

pretty pink tulips said...

Stacy,
You really outdid yourself here. This is a bookmark post for sure!!!

I've used a number of your favorites and discovered some I'd like to try.

Have a wonderful week off!
xoxo Elizabeth

Barbara@HausDesign said...

What an incredible post Stacy! I'll definitely have this bookmarked when I need/want to repaint any of the rooms in our new home - thank you!!! What a great resource. I hope you're enjoying some R&R during your break from blogging...:)

vignette design said...

Thank you for this incredible post. It's a keeper! Can't imagine the work that went into this and I do appreciate it. Enjoy your break! ~Delores

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Stacy, have a wonderful week. It sounds like a great idea. We might be following your lead soon.

SHERRY HART said...

AYFKM???? This must have taken forever....unbelievable! I am going to have to read it a couple of times for sure!!!

Ideezine said...

Stacy,

Happy break time. Love the post and it would be invaluable to clients who are torn between shades, hues, and selecting final colors. This was like research on a term paper at the end of a semester...well you got an A on this one.

Bette

Liz said...

Best example of paint colors, and how they can set the mood of a room that I have seen to date! GREAT JOB.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! this is very helpful. Could you post some examples of Oranges ?

Gayle Barton - Cumming GA Real Estate said...

Thanks so much for the info. It is wonderful to be able to see color in a room. I shared your link on two of my real estate fan pages on Facebook.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for all the time dedicated to this AMAZING post. This is something everyone can use!!!!

McKinney Handyman said...

What an amazing amount of research! Def. pinning this and sharing on my facebook page. Thanks so much!

Heather @ my peanut butter cups said...

OMG Stacy! I've never been to your blog before, but you just got yourself a new follower. Ahhh-mazing post -- and I'm knee-deep making decisions for our own house renovation so it couldn't have passed my Pinterest screen at a more appropriate time. Thanks for all the detailed photos. Cheers! :-)

Drea Dowley said...

This is awesome! Thank you for taking the time to help the rest of us who have a hard time picking paint colors (or who just have fun looking at them, like me)! I have to add though, that some of the colors might not look exactly like they do in the photos. For example, I have Gettysburg gray in my bedroom, and it is most definitely a sagey greenish gray. It doesn't even look like that on the swatch, but that's how it comes out. It's a gorgeous color anyway and I've gotten lots of compliments about it, so it's alright with me:)

Donna said...

With the difference in lighting, wouldn't it just be easier to show them the chip? Monitor representations are very decieving.

Stacy CUrran said...

Yes Donna, I would never suggest substituting images for paint chips, or better yet, samples. This post was just to help people get ideas to start with.
Stacy

Donna said...

I bet it took forever to compile this! Love these colors and I'm with you, I'm all Benjamin Moore colors! Do you use many from the Color Stories collection? I love them and have used about a dozen already.

designindoor said...

Your blog inspire me much, thx

designindoor said...

lovely

P.S. I love this... said...

I love this post!! I wish I had found it when choosing colors for my new house. I went with Moonlight White flat and Simply White semigloss for the trim. I totally love it. I also did Stonington Gray for my kitchen and it's fabulous.

I will be bookmarking this resource as I'm thinking of colors for some bedrooms.

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Donna said...

Have you tried Rhine River? Would love to see it.

Unknown said...

This had to have taken forever to put together. It's an amazing resource for any homeowner. Thank you so much for taking the time needed to put this together and for sharing it at my Our Favorite Things Link Party.

Unknown said...

I want to let you know that I featured your post this week. Thanks for sharing.
http://mylifesatreasure.blogspot.com/2012/08/our-favorite-things-link-party-10.html

Anonymous said...

That was a great post with some of my very favorite colors from BM. If I could just offer a tiny bit of constructive criticism as a fellow blogger and Pinner....I wish you'd linked the images to their original source instead of a link at the end that took me to a Pinterest Board where they were all out of order. There were so many gorgeous rooms I wanted to pin, but I prefer to go to the original source when possible to give credit, and this methodology makes a LOT of work for your readers.
But your anthology of colors was absolutely fabulous!

Stacy CUrran said...

Feltsocute- I did the best I could on crediting. As you know, Pinterest is a mess and original sources are not usually there became people change the URL to their own. I'd LOVE to link to original sources, and if anyone knows them I encourage them to tell me so I can correct it. I chose to write this post even though I didn't always have original sources because of the benefits I thought it would have to my readers. Thanks!
Stacy

Anonymous said...

I am trying to find new paint colors to paint my new house and this is perfect! I think I am going to go with Copley Gray for my living room, what would you suggest for a coordinating color? I have an open floor plan and the living room is divided by my dining room and would like to paint the family room and kitchen one color since its all one room. Just want to make the house flow nicely and not all one color.. Thanks!

Stacy CUrran said...

I like Rockport Gray or Durango with Copley gray. thanks for reading!
Stacy

Sandra D said...

That is not Seapearl in the House Beautiful photo -- the trim perhaps, but definitely not the walls. If you pull up a paint chip from BM's website, you'll see what I mean. My living room walls are painted in Seapearl and there is a very subtle difference between them and the White Dove painted on the trim. The effect is similar to that shown in the White Heron photo. The color in the HB bedroom is MUCH darker and browner, differences that cannot be accounted for by lighting or monitor settings.

I only mention this for accuracy's sake, since many readers will bookmark the page for future reference. I do appreciate this post and the amount of work you put into pulling it together.

Stacy CUrran said...

Sandra - thank you for pointing that out, I'm so glad you did. I wrote this relying on what others say they painted their walls, which of course can be unreliable. i do want it to be as reliable as possible, so I'm removing that one. Thanks again :)
Stacy

Hyphen Interiors said...

Love this post! I did a similar thing (took hours like you said!) and listed out all of my favorites by color and brand. I didn't do pics, though, as it'd be too many, but I did describe them to some extent. It's a decent list which, like you said, is good to have for yourself. http://www.hypheninteriors.com/2012/09/paint-color-suggestions-listed-by-color.html

Molly@TheNestingGame said...

My gosh! What a great resource! I'm happy to have my room be a part of it. (I'm Hale Navy.)

Thanks for putting this together!

Cindy said...

Wow...just came across this on Pinterest! What an awesome resource, thanks for putting it together!

xo Cindy@Made2Style

Dynamic touch painting Orlando said...

I love to see the pictures of the whites and creams. Interior painting is my business and I find many people try to visualize the final project from a dot on the top of a paint can. This is a great resource.

Unknown said...

First, I just want to say, Inspirational article with the best pics. I really like pics you post here. Some pics really inspire me to redesign my living room paint.
thanks you so much

Danielle said...

Stacy, my friend just sent me this as a pin! What a lovely post about room colors. I'm going to repin as I have a feeling I'm going to need this once I move :) Love the colors you've chosen and the images with them! Danielle x

Unknown said...

I love this article! We are getting ready to move into our forever home and there are so many decorating ideas to take from all of these beautiful rooms! Thank you for compiling and sharing!

Carter Painting Company said...

These are beautiful examplkes of the quality of Benjamin Moore paints, thanks very much!

michelle said...

This is just amazing-thank you!

I happened to be looking for a certain color and wanted to make sure your readers know that Tranquility is a BM Affinity paint (used by Centsational Girl blog)and she mentions it is cut. She had them tweak it by taking out 2 drops of blue to make it grayer.

Birmingham Home Remodeling said...

Nice post, All of these colors are very beautiful.You can remodel your home with any of these colors.Thanks for sharing.

Eileen said...

Thank you so much for committing the time to do that! But...you left out Nantucket Gray. It is a chameleon color and very, very comfy. I currently have it in my south facing kitchen and it is perfect.
Keep up the good work!!! I lived in Hingham for five years and the "South Shore" part of your identify intrigued me to look at your stuff! Very good work! Keep it up.

Inside-Out Designs said...

What a fantastic resource! Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together, Stacy. I'm in the trade also, and have used several of these colors. I've bookmarked your blog on my iPad, and though I always prepare samples for my clients, this will be a great resource to refer to for giving them ideas as we start the search for the perfect color.

Cheers! ~ Kathy

denver painting company said...

Great photo collection.. This is a good reference! Thanks for sharing.. Benjamin Moore's color gallery is the most popular selection ever.

Jason Franich - JM Painting said...

This is a very impressive and worthwhile posting to have come across. To see all of these Benjamin Moore paint colors actually used in decorated rooms is a treat. You can really tell the effects that these colors have on a room. Thank you so much for taking the time to compile this. Outstanding work.

Commercial decorating services said...

Beautiful photo collection. i love this post.

Anonymous said...

I used to work for Benjamin Moore. we were the ones that help formulate thousands of colors, like linen white, dove gray etc. It was fun.

Christina said...

I just wanted to thank you for putting this list together-- it is AWESOME! It will be super-helpful in choosing colors for our new house. Thanks again :)

Laura said...

Anyone know where to get the photos on the wall in the "white heron" photo?

Virginia F Davis said...

My husband and I have had our home restored and repainted to many times to count, but one thing that has always remained the same is that we always use Benjamin Moore "Impervo" oil-base for our trim and we love it! Our home is featured here http://goo.gl/sFA5sY it so much reminds me of "Cream Fleece" & "Ashwood". Great read and we always love Benjamin Moore paint!

Painting Tips said...

Great post! Been looking around for good paint colors. Thanks for the info!

Valerie Casady said...

I love Ben Moore whites! Thanks for the share!

Painting my Home said...

Great post! Been reading a lot about choosing colors for my home. Thanks for the info here!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Collection!!

Birds Vinyl Decals

Casa Vilora Interiors said...

This is an awesome post and I have bookmarked it for future reference. I am an Interior Designer myself and I do a ton of color consultations with homeowners. I was even planning on doing a post like this on my blog - The Naked Decorator. Now I can just pull up yours and show clients what these paint colors that I have recommended look in a room setting. It must have taken a great deal of time gathering all this info, but it is appreciated

James Stinson said...

Thanks so much for this post! There's some really cool stuff on this blog, keep up the great work!

vdplastering said...

This is awesome! Thank you for giving knowledge of different color.and It is very helpful for people who has no knowledge of any color combination. It is very difficult task to choose proper color..!!

Anonymous said...

We are selling our house and moving into a fixer-upper due to my husband's transfer to another job and you have no idea how happy your blog post has made me. My mind has been swirling about what colors to choose and this has been immensely helpful for me. Thank you so much!

house painting said...

great info thanks

Hannah said...

These are great examples, not just of how a paint color will look in a room, but how the accent furniture and decoration of that room can further enhance that color. Great post!

David said...

Stacy, this is terrific enjoy your time off I hope you have it all planned a week goes by so quickly. I love Ben Moore paint thanks for taking the time to put this all together.

John said...

What an amazing amount of research! Def. pinning this and sharing on my facebook page. Thanks so much!

Anthony said...

This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Thank you very much!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this roundup. Currently hunting for paint colors and this is fantastically helpful :)

Richard said...

Beautiful photo collection. Now, this is a post worth bookmarking!

Chloe said...

I just wanted to thank you for putting this list together-- it is AWESOME!

ishhu said...

nice